Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
NOS single spring clutch centre (inner drum)

This is up on ebay at the moment
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/bsa-motorcycle-side-valve-500cc-military-model-clutch-inner-drum-n-o-s-/271241971840?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f27480880

I notice the tops of the basket are chanfered on the inside but my catalogue shows it chnfered on the outwards edge
Like this one

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BSA-M20-SINGLE-SPRING-CLUTCH-CENTRE-15-4306-/380502174412

Doe the chanfer make a difference?
Are they both really for the single spring M20s

If they are why and when did the chanfer swap to the other side?

email (option): tmuir12@gmail.com

Re: NOS single spring clutch centre (inner drum)

I've bought some of the parts from the first seller,several times, from Malaysia, and all seemed to be NOS original. The second seller says in description " all parts reproduction unless otherwise stated"

Yes, this chap is honest, prices are fair and the parts arrive very well-packaged in about a week or so. Descriptions can be vague and you must be able to recognize what you are after. He has a huge trove of BSA military and police parts, including B31 and A50. Used parts are clearly marked as such. I've bought dozens of parts from him.

It appears that some NOS bits like gears have had surface rust that he cleans by bead blasting. The B31 cylinder studs come as bare metal, for example.

Jeff

email (option): jjbandoo@aol.com

Yes I've bought a few parts from him and received one of his NOS clutch centres a week or two ago, I was just curious when I noticed the chamfer was different in my part list and different to the other one on ebay.
He is on my daily watch list.
I'm actually quiet surprised how many NOS parts I've managed to source in the last month since I started looking.

email (option): tmuir12@gmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1