Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
US fleabay - 5 M20s ?

You don't see this often in the US. Advertised as 5 M20s for sale on ebay. Located in Florida. I know nothing about them.

Regards, Scott

Re: US fleabay - 5 M20s ?

Nice pick! Ecurie BSA

email (option): unpob@yahoo.com

i want em. i like the one in the 11-12th- picture.
very nice

email (option): mrsbfuller@hotmail.co.uk

OK!!! Who wants in on this? He's only asking about $2,500 each which is a bargain.

I can go to Florida and collect them for you, bring them home and we can sort out from there.

Jesse has left UK, so we do not have a pipeline anymore, but there are ways to get them back to UK.

I just want one bike out of the deal so that means 4 partners are needed.

email (option): britool51@hotmail.com

The last time I was offered 5 M20's was in 1966, and for free. I declined the offer back then they were just junk.

How times change.

email (option): deadsheds@yahoo.com

Iv seen exWD bikes retailed for around £50 each in the sixties by dealers like Pride and Clarke, and Copes.
That's £250, you declined, which was a usefull sum in those days, probably a couple of months wages.
You weren't at the front of the line when God was dishing out financial ability then Ken ?

£250 Couple months wages? you moved in more exalted circles than I in the swinging 60's.

I bet you were flogging flower power Flares in the Kings Road?

Two months wages for me then was around 80 quid.

You must have been to a different, more upmarket Pride and Clark to me then Peter, as I can remember the M20 things in their 10 quid corner, unloved and unwanted even at that price.

What has always stuck in my mind was the thick coating of green paint over all of them. Seat tyres chains the lot. £50 quid worth of a dodgy lump of old iron in 1966? I think not.

But you are quite right, my financial acumen has never been up to much even when dealing in bikes, and before then I declined several M2O's as not being worth the effort of salvaging. As well as other bikes which were regarded as mediocre then, WD Enfield;any amount of old Villiers engined stuff, a yard full of old Mopeds,from a number plate dealer; scrap prices were low then.

Old bikes were being given away, even dumped in the 1960's. Only crackpots like myself thought them worth saving.(or paying for, at least any more than 10 bob)

On the other hand I did buy what what was left of Pride and Clarks secondhand spares when they closed down, and strangely very little ex WD stuff in that lot, unlike from Schwiezo brothers in Dartford which was nearly all WD spares, a shameful lot of which did go for scrap.

Then again I still have a small collection of rather classier 30's and 20's bike for which I paid very little,or nothing in some cases; a prototype 1938 sports 500 I salvaged from a tip. Still got it. My G3L stands me in around 25/30 quid, built from NOS parts.

So perhaps I was more canny than I was financially astute?

I have always valued my bikes of all kinds for their fun factor than investment, I still do.

I can even remember surplus stores such as Marble Arch Motors and Headquarters and General selling all sorts of cheap Naff hats even then.

Are you an accountant perchance Peter?

Have a nice day in the sun.I shall.

email (option): deadsheds@yahoo.com

I'm in for one.
Scotty Hayes

Hi Scott,

I have about 8K USD. Need 4K to get them all.

I have transportation, and 3,500 sq ft of shop space.

I can sort from home, and meet you in say, South Dakota?

email (option): britool51@hotmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1