Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Question for Ron on 741

Hi Ron, do you know if there were several types of the crash bars for the 741? I am guessing that the bars split in the middle and have the large plate to keep them together with U bolts attaching the plate to the frame. Correct?

email (option): unpob@yahoo.com

Re: Question for Ron on 741

Henri mine are original and I haven't noticed another type. They are split in the middle and held with a U bolt on the front down tube. Then fixed at the foot-board front mounts. Then special brackets for the tyre pump. Ron

photo 741B043_zpsd04498de.jpg

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Thanks Ron, apparantly there is a large plate with it. Will see what that is all about.

Henri, I just thought to check in the parts list. It is exactly what I have. Maybe your large plate is the sump shield? 'Bonus' It's only quite a thin tin thing!
There's good information on Jerry Greer's site with most parts illustrated.

Ron.
PS. Again the right side of picture has been cropped whist posting??

photo Scan-130715-0001_zps0ece07c3.jpg

Just click on the picture to get full size.

Thanks Doug. Strange why it does that sometimes? Ron

Thanks for putting that page of the 741 B parts list up Ron. Ive just identified the grease gun hanging in my shed as being Indian. I have a feeling that an adjustable wrench and a double ended spark plug socket in my plumbing toolkit are 741 B as well. Theres a lot of Army Indian bits down here in NZ.

email (option): Fuzzyempire@hotmail.com

Hi Hamish. Perhaps I should scan the rest of the list in case you have other treasures about your shed Ron

Hi Ron,

Kind of hijacked these photo from an Ebayer who sold the parts as Indian 741 sidecar parts.

Here is the large bracket that I was speaking about:
 photo 683942878_o_zps7bb73b05.jpg photo 683942754_o_zps363dc18f.jpg photo KGrHqNHJE4FHOnhnBdWBR2hKIn-b60_57_zpseb04bccd.jpg photo 683942812_o_zpsad22d1d7.jpg

By the way I have the sump thing already....

Henri, I don't instantly recognize those parts....But it was a long time ago that my bike was in bits. I'll glance over my bike and parts list tomorrow...Was a side-car ever officially listed for a 741??? I doubt it. You need a 1300 Chief for that job!! Ron

Just my luck to be getting bars for the 340 instead of the 741!

Henri. The 340 does have the heavy plate and four U bolts for the crash bar. Because of the twin down tubes. Ron

photo Scan-130717-0001_zpsa40e7874.jpg

jeesh!

Great of you to have pursued it. Never even thought that Jerry had it listed. What do I do now, find a 340B?

Here's one I did earlier Blooming great lump!! I had a job to lift the bare frame on my own. Ron

photo Chief087_zps68b5148b.jpg

Came out great Ron. Had one offered to me with the side car in running condition. But it just took too much room to lug around.

Nieuwe pagina 1