Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
M20 Vokes air filter adaptor adaptor

Gents, there was a recent query about the dimensions for the carby adaptor to attach the cast elbow for a Vokes set-up on an M20.
I incorrectly provided the dimensions for a 1 5/8" adaptor and it was pointed out that for this application the correct OD is 1 1/2".
I have not seen a drawing or photo of what the original set-up for an M20 i supposed to be but have noticed that the parts listing for the Norton appears to show a lip at the rear of this adaptor.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Can anyone help provide the details for the original M20 set-up please? I have made samples of a straight and lipped version (in aluminium for ease of work on my old clunker lathe) but apart from the thread and the OD of the section where the elbow would fit I'm in the dark as to what this should really look like.

email (option): rays54@hotmail.com

Re: M20 Vokes air filter adaptor adaptor

hi Ray, here is a picture Henk posted,I think Ron Pier had some castings made
but i cant find the post
cheers Rick
http://pub37.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=3155626639&frmid=16&msgid=1103864&cmd=show

email (option): richardholt@rocketmail.com

Hi Rick. Ray is trying to make the adapter that screws onto the carb. He is making this part for one of my elbow castings for another forum member. Maybe Henk will remember from his bike that had an original elbow. Trouble is, without Linda there to wake him up....he lounges in bed all day Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Well as you might remember I sold that bike including the Vokes and elbow piece. Not sure what the size was from the adaptor. I had quite a few of these adaptors and these were to big on the outside and these had the be resized. We have to ask Ramon I guess to take measurements as he owns that pretty bike of mine now.

I have quite a few Vokes photos, if anybody is interested to get these let me know.

By the way Ron, Linda is in Greece at the moment so I can't find anthing at all at the moment and I overslept each day so far.

Henk

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

HA Ha yes I know. She phones me every day
For Ray though. Can you remember if your original adaptor has a lip at the back.

Ron

Hi,

I will have a look and take some measurements tomorrow afternoon.

Regards,

Ramon

email (option): noahlevi6@hotmail.com

My adaptor didn't had a lip and as far as I remember the elbow had to be pushed on all the way to avoid air leaks through the 4 slots in the two elbow halves. With a lip it wouldn't go on far enough.

I didn't get a postcard from Linda, did you Ron?

Henk

No post card Henk Just phone calls all the time

Ron

She told me she has a present for you, again, but it isn't a Greek present

Nieuwe pagina 1