Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Forum picture.

Is this a Royal Enfield WD/C in German hands? Or a re-enacted picture?

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Re: Forum picture.

The sign is in Dutch, Ron. It translates as "No BSAs to be parked here"

email (option): 79x100@gmail.com

Tut! These Dutchies
I love all my bikes equally......Just some more equal than others

Ron

On the subject of this little brave machine, and your favorite breakdown/mishap. (of course somebody else's?)

This bike managed to break a gearbox pinion, and eject half of the offending part right through the gear box shell. Just a very big clunck when it happened, and one gear less whilst riding. It was only after returning from a cup of coffee that the owner spotted the offending part underneath the bike, and a corresponding hole in the side of the shell. Filling your gearbox with grease has its advantages, not?

Now: anymore spectacular breakdown etc.?

How about this piston and valve from a recently acquired BSA C12
Belongs to a forum member from another BSA site. Ron

photo pistnbroke002_zpse735dc7f.jpg

aww some forces involved in that one, blimey...

Ron that's not a problem just file it down and it should be ok

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

I thought if you just left it like that, it would raise the compression....like a pop up piston. Ron

That photo is an advertisement for side-valves, Ron. Why did the valve head drop in ?

By the way, I lied about the sign on the wall (but none of the Cloggies bit !) It says "Forbidden to leave (dump) Rubbish"... Nothing specific about BSAs (simply implied !)

i thought it meant " tractors only here " ?

email (option): chris.astinbarker@btinternet.com

Rik I did a google translate once you told me it was Dutch. I didn't reply to your comment....just treated it with the content it deserved......or maybe I couldn't think of a witty retort

The owner of the C12 had owned the bike for a few months and been lovingly looking at it fettling and polishing it untill the winter subsided and the rains stopped. Then he managed to get out in the sunshine.....for a very short trip before this happened. Reading through his symtems, it seems at one stage of fettling, the engine had gone tight when turning it over with a spanner. Yep the Mazak pump was siezed, and a long bar to get the engine turning, took care of the teeth on the pump drive spindle. Result....A nice free engine...but no oil pump. I guess now, a whole major rebuild is on the cards. A warning to all about these pumps that have been left standing a long time. Ron

"Use it or lose it" eh Ron ?

I think there is a chap on the NOC forum who's about to discover the joys of decomposing monkey metal. I've got him as far as removing the oil feed jet and the tell-tale. He's got no oil coming through and the jet has welded itself to the crank nose and twisted itself in half....I don't think they can do that if there is any oil at all.

Unfortunately, it's a 'new' chap who 'hasn't got the time' to take off the timing cover.

I sometimes go into denial for about fifteen or twenty seconds but I'd have that engine stripped by now...

Me and Ian can tell you about blokes in denial Who don't have the time to look in their oil and petrol tanks Ron

['Reading through his symtems, it seems at one stage of fettling, the engine had gone tight when turning it over with a spanner. Yep the Mazak pump was siezed, and a long bar to get the engine turning, took care of the teeth on the pump drive spindle. Result....A nice free engine...']

That's the way....Don't waste your valuable time thinking it through.
If your engine's tighter than it should be then simply keep applying more force till the bugger frees up
You can't beat a 3/4" drive socket, a length of scaffold pole and a copy of 'The Neanderthals Guide to Motorcycle Maintenance' to solve those annoying little problems.... ....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Nieuwe pagina 1