Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wrong seat bolts?

Hi everyone,
I'm still going over what is wrong and what is missing on my WM20.
I know the seat is not a WM20 seat, but somthing modern, but I think the springs and the bolts that hold the springs in place are also not WM20, although they look to of been with the bike for some time.

photo seat_bolts.jpg

Am I correct in assuming the springs and mounting bolts for the springs are not M20 parts?

email (option): tmuir12@gmail.com

Re: Wrong seat bolts?

Hi Tony, if you look at the for sale section of the forum you'll see that Dave Plumb has had some M20 seat bolts made out of stainless.

Take a look

http://pub37.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=3155626639&frmid=9030&msgid=1273762&cmd=show

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Yes I had seen them and was just checking that mine are indeed incorrect and not just some rare oddball ones that were used for a short time before I emailed him to see if he had any left.
I need so many parts and only so much money to spend each month and most of it this month is going to finish my C15.

Hi, I've just sold out of them, but will make another set if you want them, I'm also getting the small triangular plates made the the springs attach to at the top if you want them too.
Dave

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

Hi Tony,
The bolt that you have shown is as far as I know correct for some early M20's Ron sent me a photo of one, the eyelet hole is used to attach the horn to. Tony have you been round to see Norm yet?
Dave

email (option): jeepfinger@blueyonder.co.uk

That is a seat bolt used up to 1942 and this bolt also holds the horn bracket. The bolt on the other side should have a standard hexagon head. These early seat bolts are a lot shorter then the late war bolts like Dave made. You need long or short springs depending on the bolts you use to get the correct saddle hight.

The spring you have is not an original M20 spring.

This type of bolt is getting pretty hard to find.

Henk

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Thanks.
that ties in nicely with my bike as it is early 1942.
Glad I asked as I would of kicked myself if I bought new bolts when I had teh correct ones ofr my bike to start with.

Dave no I haven't dropped round to see Norm yet, Between work & kids and me being sick for a week with the flue I haven't gotten round to calling him yet.

ALthough I am learning a lot just reading the posts here and then going out and comparing things on my bike

Nieuwe pagina 1