Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Buckfastleigh weekend.

I just got back from a very sunny weekend at the MVT Devon Area show. It's one of my favourites for the riding on Dartmoor. I completed over 100 miles.
Ian Murrell took these pictures. Mostly M20's. From memory there was a 16H, a W/NG and a G3L also.
The other guy taking pictures, came in full DR kit....but no bike? He did seem like a very nice boy though!!!! Ron

photo 2013-07-07104726_zps2b47a536.jpg
 photo 2013-07-07134850_zps79aa339f.jpg

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Re: Buckfastleigh weekend.

It was one of the best, with some good road runs, but as you say, the sun plus the new site made it,I had a phone call from the Asburton carnival folk, they were over the moon, and ask me to say thankyou to everyone, if I get any pictures I will get Rob to post them, there cant but many carnivals that have such a start, and the pipe band really made it, also sorry I did not see you leave, hope you had a good trip home

ps, the "Phantom Don R" ask me if I done B&B at my house, I said NO

I have just got home from Buckfasliegh...I had a great ride back over Dartmoor this morning in glorious sunshine...
I experienced a bit of clutch trouble after it got rather overheated during the road run with all the trucks on Saturday afternoon...Not something I've really had a problem with previously...
Overall turnout was good with the highest number of bikes so far at the event...Is there no end to the rise in popularity of WD bikes? ..
Real summer weather for the whole event ensured everyone enjoyed the riding and speaking for myself, Devon ice cream with clotted cream on top was consumed in quantity over the weekend....Proper Job...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

just got in with the last bike to leave, only live a mile from the station, but such a nice day took me ten miles to get home, thanks to eveyone for making the weekend what it was, GREAT.

Looks like a great turn out and you guys had a brilliant weekend..

email (option): kit247@hotmail.com

Superb weekend, a big thanks to all those who attended and made it so good.

And finally we managed to get permission to take 3 bikes on a train from Buckfastleigh to Staverton stations via Totnes.

photo DSCN0847_zps87ae765c.jpg

photo DSCN0849_zps41e53f57.jpg

photo DSCN0858_zpsaf1ae5ed.jpg

photo Image1_zps79f34f84.jpg

email (option): robmiller11(at)yahoo.co.uk

the Friday & Sunday run outs excellent , the weather was just superb , well done chaps for organizing on such a difficult location , I have to say the loss of the field ,has quite an impact on visitors , those being are new members ? I did feel for the families camped down by the river they where completely cut off from the event , the car park is not ideal either , I do hope the return of the field is an option for 2014

John & Family

PS we have a number if pictures will load shortly

email (option): john@fieldandrurallife.com

My first tip to Buckfastleigh with some lessons learned for next time !!

Arrive for Thursday to do the ride out on Friday & have Monday off too - why not
Make sure that you bring all the bits for your inflatable bed or it will be a deflated bed
Thanks folks for helping there
Bring hay fever tabs -

I really enjoyed it, a great setting in a working steam railway, & a good group to ride out with too & I did my first public parade !!

Well done to all organisers - a great event

Job

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Hi John
Thanks for the part,, keiths bike went like a dream , we will sort his issue in the workshop this week and send your part back
thanks again ,look forward to catching up soon
John

email (option): john@fieldandrurallife.com

No rush John, glad I could help, hate seeing anyone stuck

See you soon

Job

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1