Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Picture posting.

Derick Martin has asked me to post this picture of a post war desert painted G3L. No doubt he will follow up with a comment.

Ron

photo null_zps0454f79b.jpg

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Re: Picture posting.

Thank you Ron. Matchless G3L Malta. Picture taken at Sliema, S/sgt R.E.M.E inspects trials machine. The markings look like Royal Marine Commando insignia. Anyone have any ideas?

email (option): boadicea33tst@gmx.co.uk

Well, I can tell him that this picture was taken on Malta, the framenumber is: 78338 wartime C number was: C6117338.

Maybe it's still around over there??

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

Derick, you just beat me to it! will try to look up the marking tonight,

Cheers,

Lex

Commando or not he'll never start it with the HT lead off

email (option): deadsheds@yahoo.com

It is indeed No. 42 RM Commando, they were on Malta, in the 50's, more to read here:

http://www.britains-smallwars.com/suez/Agnus/Approval.html

Yes, will not start that easy, without the HT lead connected, wonder why they have taken it off??

Cheers,

Lex

Thanks Lex, good reading for later this evening, thanks for the link. I seem to remember someone telling me Sliema had been a Royal Naval submarine base during the war, so possible link with Royal Marine Commando. The submarines had to submerge further out in the bay in deep water during the daylight hours, as the bombing was so intense. I guess Sliema would have been a prime target
Regards Derick

email (option): boadicea33tst@gmx.co.uk

This one was on ebay a few months ago, as a former Bootneck it really caught my eye. All 3 Cdo Brigade vehicles have this badge, that is R.M units and Army Cdo units such as 29 Cdo R.A and 59 Cdo R.E. I can't remember when the Corps pulled out of Malta but going to school in a Naval town ( Gosport ) quite a few of my friends had Maltese mums !

email (option): ggoodwin68@gmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1