Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rear mudguard

Inspired by this website, my WM20 project started as a set of crankcases and a gearbox. I picked up a rigid/tele M21 basket (ZM20 1878) for parts, but all others were sourced separately. After much attention to the engine I'm ready to start on the cycle parts. My intention was to use what I had on hand, making it "tongue-in-cheek correct." Tank is cut off, will be numbered "CC720." Carb will be an overbored 10TT9. Alloy head is painted black. Engine number is WM20 32777, frame WM20 8549.

Now the questions:

All my rear mudguards have the raised center bead and several look like plunger models. Are all WM mudguards flat, with bolt-on tail sections?

Were any hinged?

Where can I get a mudguard?

Should I just buy an Indian repop? Which ones are the best?

Appreciate any help!

Jeff (in Rhode Island)

email (option): jjbandoo@aol.com

Re: Rear mudguard

Hi Jeff...All the WD M20 mudguards have the 'drop off' tail piece.. Hinged variants are for the plunger models. Only late war mudguards were 'flat' (44/45)..Earlier ones were 'ribbed'..I would have thought a ribbed, hinged one would be suitable with appropriate mods to the mounting brackets....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

There are 2 different suppliers for the rear guards in India on ebay. Who's going to be the first guinea pig to try them? A friend of mine is tossing a coin on which supplier to try.

I made mine from plunger type. Slightly bigger radius, but looks good overall. Needs to remove hinge and weld some holes on sides.

email (option): kalle.tikas@gmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1