Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
off topic bearing outer needed..

I'm short of an outer race (in good condition) for a rigid BSA B31/33 taper rear wheel bearing..or alternatively a complete bearing...Does anyone have one?..Or perhaps contact details for a supplier who has them (not the Chinese version)...All help appreciated...( Timken 00182X ).Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Re: off topic bearing outer needed..

Ian, I too am looking for a set but read my bearing as "00162X" (not 00182X) wondering which is correct??

Bill

You could try Joe Edwards, he is contactable on 07854560823, tell him Dave Plumb sent you
Dave

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

It's been about 3 years since i had one apart on a friends bike. What do they look like? He has boxes of spares.

Hi Bill..Sorry, a typing error, it is a '6'..so 00162X...
Douglas...It's just a std. looking taper roller outer. The number above is on the outer race...Ian

Thanks Ian, I have searched "on line" for this bearing cup (00162X) and the Timken Website states that the cone # for this cup is "00050X" yet the ones that came out of my wheel are "00080X"; would you mind leting me know what cones are fitted in you wheel please? Regards, Bill

Hi Bill...Mine are 00080X as well...One thing to be aware of with these bearings though..The inners and outers carried different numbers so that for various applications different bearings could be made by changing only one part..e.g. one outer with three different inners makes three bearings. So, the numbers are very 'application specific'...
If you do find a source of quality bearings I'd be interested to know the contact details....Ian

Hi Ian,

I have asked around the trade on this size and there is one firm in the midlands who have some old stock, but I think they must be platinum coated at £140 each plus vat, pirates !

A much easier solution would be to use the following bearing: 03062 - 03162 and turn up a small flanged bush for the middle ( I can supply a sketch if needed )

You will end up with the correct fitted dimensions at a cost of about £20 plus your machined bush. If you don't have a lathe, it would cost me about £10 a bush to turn them up.

Hope this helps you
Regards
Darren

email (option): dwrudd@lineone.net

Hi Darren...Thanks for the info. I do have a lathe but have plenty on at the moment, so might take you up on the offer...Who is the manufacturer of that bearing...?...Is it a 'branded' make?...Ian

Hi Darren..I'm also looking for MRJA7/8...Timing side bearing for M and B series BSAs...Preferably NKE...Can you suggest a supplier for those?..Mail me direct if it's not too much bother....Ian

Hi Ian,

The 03062 bearing I have in stock is in NTN manufacture. It is probably available in other brands too but I know NTN, they are a very good quality Japanese brand so would have no issue with using them.

The MRJA 7/8 is another storey.

At the moment, unless we consider the rip off merchants who carry some surplus stocks and are now asking up to £150 per bearing, there are two options.

I) I have spoken to NKE in Austria as I know them quite well, they are checking out the availability and getting back to me.
ii) The only other option I know of at the moment is a MRJA 7/8VC3 which are available at appx £60. This is a full compliment bearing ( no cage separating the rollers ) but other than that the same design. The offshoot is that you would need to be careful when installing as when you take the inner race out, the rollers can fall out. So a little grease in the outer keeps them in place whilst assembling.

Other than that, if you can wait for NKE to call me back, I will let you know asap.
Hope this helps you

Regards
Darren

Hi Ian and Darren
Drags has MRJA 7/8 C3 in stock @45.44+VAT.
The maker is QCB. Its a steel cage type with 8 rollers.
Do yo uknow this manufacture?
Cheers, Mick.

Hi Darren...Thanks...NTN bearings are fine...Go ahead with a pair of those (inc. the sleeves) and let me know how much money you need, including postage to a UK address, and method of payment...For the other one I'll wait on the reply from NKE...
Mick...QCB...Qianchao Bearing Co. Ltd., Hanun Province, China...Ian

No problem Ian,
Sorry for the slight delay, I can't always look on here in a working day so if urgent, email me.

I will confirm things. Tomorrow for you.

Regards
Darren.

Hi Ian
email sent

Nieuwe pagina 1