Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sprocket

Hi I'm redoing my spare box and refiting a new sprocket the old ones a bit worn. I ordered a new one from dragonfly but this one only has 18 teeth the worn one has 19 i ride with a sidecar anyway will this make Mutch difference sorry about gramerregards Martin

Re: Sprocket

Lowering the gearing by a single tooth on the c/s sprocket can't hurt, especially since you are toting a sidecar.

Depending on the weight of the car, you may find it an improvement, with the bike a bit more responsive. I can't imagine that the current top end speed will suffer, and may possibly, slightly, increase with the drop in sprocket size....just a guess.

JDE

email (option): teladelujo@ msn.com

I have an 18 and a 19 tooth sprocket 1 is a bit worn I can email you some photos and you can have them for nothing if you are a uk resident

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

just take care; i've had to change the gearbox sprocket on mine, bad machining left a radius on the inner edge which rubbed on the box casing...
and a brand new 19t was fractionally undersize on the inner dia, so it wouldnt fit !

email (option): chris.astinbarker@btinternet.com

Hi Martin,

I have a BSA WM20, original 500cc with a metal sidecar.
I use 18T sprocket now, but before it, I had 21T (!)

Once, when I opened up the covers in order to replace the clutch plates,
I saw it and changed it to the original 18T.

The difference was huge!
The 21 was very "calm" and long, while with the 18T I can get to 4th gear
In a matter of 50 meters..

If it was easier to replace, I would go back to 19T at least.
If yours is made of light fiberglass,
It almost has no affect on starting on 1st gear.

I have another WM20 with a fiberglass sidecar, and what a difference !
You can hardly know it is there.
Unfortunately, I never open the clutch cover there to count the teeth.

BR,
Noam.

email (option): noam10@gmail.com

The sidecar is a watsonion ascot quite heavy the new sprocket is absa part so should be good fit any way il suck it and see thanks for tips and offers kind regards martin

Nieuwe pagina 1