Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Scam ?

Im not sure if Im being scam'd:

I posted a wanted for a M20/21. I got an email from a David Lloyd in Canada asking if I was still wanting "the parts".
Ive now had another were he says he has the parts all in good order and working he wants 300 dollars paid by Western.

NOW: Ive not stated parts or made any request for him to send any . This sounds like a scam thats been mentioned in the VMCC journal recently. Were by you advertise for parts / bikes and some con artist says he has them and gets the money up front ...no parts ever arrive

BE WARNED

Re: Scam ?

All to common these days, the simple way to tell is to ask for a photo of the specific part at an unusual angle, they don't have the part so won't be able to supply the picture, the other thing to do is check the IP address from the email if possible, or do a google earth check of where they say they live, all a bit wasteful of your time, but quite entertaining!

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

Probably a scam I would say..First he thinks you want parts so has those for sale..Second the payment method..Scammers like Western Union...Why don't you ask him to send some photos of the parts and see what you get?...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Western Union normally means avoid like the plague, there is no way to recover any money paid. Paypal at least in theory helps with a dispute.

I recognised the format from the VMCC article and consigned his mails to the scam bin.

just thought I should warn those on here.

the same chap sent me an email saying hes got a 16H hes breaking and hes asking me £750 for a load of very good used parts, he also wants payment via western union.
im gona ask him if hes got any pics, se what happens..
barry

email (option): mrsbfuller@hotmail.co.uk

Also used: forged money order (Xerox color printer), typically they send you too much "by accident", so would you please refund the excess right now?

No, my local prosecutor isn't interested because I can't prove where the crime took place... or that donuts are involved.

email (option): sales@victorylibrary.com

Nieuwe pagina 1