Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Norton 16H battery clip

Hi all,

just bought a T-shaped Lucas Battery cover to fit my civilian Norton 16h from 1936.
unluckily i now found out the battery somehow needs to be hold in place ahhhh....

Does anyone have a picture from the clips that are used. Maybe also an address where to get those parts as reproduction.
Thanks
Phillip

email (option): phillip.thaler@gmx.at

Re: Norton 16H battery clip

Hi Philip,

Try Peter Long at Cornucopia Enterprises in Germany. I needed the same clips for a '37 Model 50 Norton and he had them on the shelf. Very nice guy, too. BTW his specialty is British military bikes. You can find him here: http://www.cornucopia-enterprises.de/

Best,
Mark

email (option): wingco40@hotmail.com

Hi Mark,
thanks for the hint. I know this clips from cornucopia but i guess they do not fit my needs. If i am not wrong i need some clips with screws that can be mounted to the battery carrier. But not 100% sure. Thats why an image of an correct batterie mounting would be great.

Phillip

Phillip, Does this period Lucas advert help ? The reason for the 'T' shaped battery was the anti-vibration mounting. As far as I can see, the cover clips are loose and you just need a long screw, locked through the two conical rubbers and then fastened underneath the carrier plate.

photo Lucas21944.jpg

Phillip I think Peter Long is the only guy who supplies those clips. Although Mark Upham (British Only Austria) sells them for twice the price. I've used them a couple of times and very pleased. Here is my Enfield WD/L.

Ron

photo WDL166_zps7516d2c9.jpg

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

A couple of years back I bought a set of these fir my brothers ES2 from an old chap up in Hertfordshire

They were beautifully made

I can check if I still have his number, tel calls were challenging as he was very deaf

I also saw bantam John had them at some recent jumbles

Jo'b

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Is that all that holds them in place? Does the battery sit in a basket as well?

The T battery is actually bolted to the bike,and I think originally rubber mounted. The spring clips are simply to hold the lid on. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hi all,

first of all thanks for the infos.

Rik's picture I think is the one that shows the correct mounting. Unluckily my repro battery does not have any holes for mounting those screws??
If I have a look at rons picture I think this is a similar way to mount my battery. Therfor I guess the clips from british only

photo Bildschirmfoto2013-06-27um203928_zps5c89aad1.jpg

may not fit.

This is how my battery carrier looks like

photo DSC06289-1_zps8313e7cc.jpg

And this is how the clips from Cornucopia look like. They are only built to clip together the battery and its top. Not to mount it to the battery carrier.

photo Bildschirmfoto2013-06-27um203252_zps64f48843.jpg

So I guess I need Cornucopia clips and I need to drill holes into the Battery Repro to screw it to the carrier.

Phillip

Hi Phillip, your carrier is the same as my ES2. The wire on the clips pushes up into holes in the battery, so more holes to drill if they aren't already there.

photo IMAG2864_zpse47ca3ac.jpg

photo IMAG2863_zps9dcd59a5.jpg

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Thanks Horror,

This pictures are very useful for me.

Phillip

Nieuwe pagina 1