Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Robb's Clutch tool

Robb, if you see this can you give me some guidance? I can't seem to get the tool to bite on the threads inside the clutch hub. It almost seems to me it is fouling up on the hex of the sleeve nut. Do I need to have the sleeve nut removed before I can use the clutch compressor tool?
Thanks, Vince

email (option): vinver-at-ns.sympatico.ca

Re: Robb's Clutch tool

I'm not Rob, but I have one of his tools. I can answer that yes, you do need to remove the sleeve nut.

Kevin

Hi Vince,

Yes, you do need to remove the sleeve nut. (Thanks Kevin)

Also, it is best to use the nut spanner I make to wind out the castellated nut a but to allow you to access the inner threads better. This way the spring will not coil bind either and the whole process will be a lot smoother.

Cheers

email (option): britool51@hotmail.com

Thanks Robb,
It was pretty obvious in the morning, probably shouldn't be fiddling things about at 1 AM anyway.
I'll probably pull the clutch hub anyway and assemble the whole clutch on the bench, would likely be an easier process than trying to get all those rollers to stay put while I fumble with it.
Cheers, Vince

Use the heaviest grease you can find to hold the rollers in place. It really is a pain in the ass, but think how good you'll feel upon success!

Nieuwe pagina 1