Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The first woman dispatch rider in the British Army

I found this picture on ebay and after reading what it said on the back I was intrigued who Theresa Wallach was, so Googled her and found this..

http://www.motorcyclemuseum.org/halloffame/detail.aspx?racerid=309

She did some amazing things.

photo WDTheresaWallachTheonlywomandispatchriderintheBritishArmy1_zpse6db9235.jpg
 photo WDTheresaWallachTheonlywomandispatchriderintheBritishArmy2_zpsbff3db4f.jpg

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Re: The first woman dispatch rider in the British Army

Thanks for the lead. What a story, what a woman! Too bad she faced the cold shoulder from dumb guys who thought she didn't have what it takes. She sure showed them. Is there are motorcycling hall of fame? She is a star.
Wade

email (option): iron_ariel@yahoo.ca

And what a pretty bike!!

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Yes, very nice!

The book, "The Rugged Road" is availeble from Panther Publishing, and a very good read!!

Here a clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjNmXQdgqhA

I think she or Florence Blenkiron also made DR training films for the army.

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

she could have got 2 spare bikes in the trailer if it wasn't for all the other gear and what a good idea for a tent

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

The rugged road is a damn good read, I bought it a while back along with a few other adventure travel books.
When I smashed my knee on my old Ariel VB I sat next to an old girl in the hospital who told me she was a DR in WW1. If she was correct then she predates this claim, although it may not of been for the Army....

Those guys at about the two minute mark look like the same ones that cheer me on when I try to kickstart a bike

Nieuwe pagina 1