Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
M20 with its 'original' paint

"how cool is that" says the seller.

thay made good paint back then, looks like is was sprayed on only yesterday.

probably the biggest load of BS in an M20 ad yet, as ridden in North Africa by Private Jones.

I expect it wa the one Monty rode pillion on in order to give the fire signal at Alamein.

(the literacy of the ad blurb is appalling)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BSA-WD-M20-1942-/161051670758?pt=UK_Motorcycles&
hash=item257f6d78e6

email (option): deadsheds@yahoo.com

Re: M20 with its 'original' paint

F**k me..Not another unregistered bike...A bit of a tart up to get it ready to sell by the look of it, served up with lashings of Bullshit in the description....Original paint?...'and then the alarm clock went off and it was all just a dream'... ..Looks like the front engine plates got a direct hit from a FW190 out in Africa as well..Plenty of wrong/missing parts on this one..(including a V5C!)..Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

I like how the black & white photos don't even tally with the contract number on the bike. I have to say that I thought they used copper petrol pipes on the petrol tank and both sides usually got connected, not just one side getting gashed on with a rubber hose?
Yes, a little bit to much BS for my liking here in regards to originality, but it's worth looking at for a giggle.

email (option): 79aust@sky.com

Isn't this the same bike discussed by yesterday on the 'Wanted and For Sale' forum?

Regards,
Sven

email (option): snvosselman@gmail.com

As a starter project it ain't too bad, a little pricey, even I spotted loads of wrong parts for the year, still look on the bright side, you'd have a few spare parts left over after its been properly rebuilt and painted..

email (option): kit247@hotmail.com

Personally, my favorite part of the ad is :
"· it also has the pillion seat which is a rear addition (you’d need to be solider to want to sit on the back as it a hard tail remember)"

Rear addition? Of course, you wouldn't want the passenger in the FRONT!

You'd need to be a solider? No, you don't want a SOFTER on the back flopping all around back there. Sit solid, Soldier!!

Yes, it a Hardtail, it is..

Argh...Uugh..
Crimes against the English language should be punishable offenses.

Or 'offences'... ...Ian

Ian Wright
Or 'offences'... ...Ian

Ah Ian, the subtle variations of the language are not lost on you, but the greater transgressions as displayed in the ad cause me to squirm. My Grade 8 English teacher would have surely rapped the knuckles of the author of that ad. In Canada, we tend toward the French version since our founding fathers chose to accept two official languages. Don't worry, I'm not offended

I agree with you Vincent...I'm a bit of a fan of the English language in its non adulterated form...The thing that vexes me most is 'Text speak'...'I 8 IT' ...Ian

Ian Wright
I agree with you Vincent...I'm a bit of a fan of the English language in its non adulterated form...The thing that vexes me most is 'Text speak'...'I 8 IT' ...Ian

Do you mean you ate it or you H8 it ?

I don't know what I mean.. ...I've never sent a text on principle....Ian

Vincent, Ian lives in Devon - 'ee drops 'is 'aitches !

Nieuwe pagina 1