Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Magneto - brightsparx

Last year my mag let me down for the first time, not surprisingly, years old, big mileage racked up, got good value for money !!

I opted to have the mag armature rewound without a condenser & have a brightsparx condenser fitted to the points holder on my M01

In total i have done just over 1100 miles since fitting, weather this winter really kept my mileage down - but after 550 miles to & from France this June it was superb.

Started cold - warm - idled properly - accelerated etc infinitely better than before

I'm very happy with it

Some of you asked me to let them know how i was getting on with the conversion, as you can see, am happy with the mod.

Jo'b

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Re: Magneto - brightsparx

Good to know John, it'll be interesting to know the life span of that tiny condenser. 2 years was mentioned I think in the Brightspark write-up.

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Hi John, I also have one of these on my Matchless G3WO and it is providing easy starting in all temperatures. I'm am leaving for Salzburg next Saturday and will probably ride another 500 miles covering the routes of the 1939 ISDT. I will keep you posted. Cheers John

Thanks for the feedback, John

Also consider this conversion, I like the fact that it can be done at home if the coil is OK. They provide a nice detailed description how to do it on their website.

Regards, Michiel / NL

With your workshop Michiel, any thingis possible

:-)

Job

Have a good trip John

Jo'b

Nieuwe pagina 1