Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Look at What I've stumbled upon...

Hello once again my fellow BSAers and welcome to another discovery post. Some of you may remember my initial ravage prospect M20 found in a dark garage here in Cairo. It was certainly not as appealing as this one. Turns out that a friend of an acquaintance owns this beauty and forwarded me what you see below. Check out the monstrous fenders and luggage rack... No word yet on pricing but it seems to be the Egyptian Government dispatched model that Rik was refering to in my first post.

"Omar, BSA's despatch books for 1939 are full of 600cc M21s despatched to Forsyth (the BSA agent) in Cairo. These were machines purchased by the Egyptian Government. I'd say that if you can find one of those with it's original large fuel tank, valanced mudguards etc. then you'd have something intrinsically more interesting and where you'd have to worry less about the odd $100 on the price as it will have a rarity value."

What do you say? If numbers are matching, what in your opinion would this bike be worth in Europe? Thanks in advance friends!

photo 2012-04-10001906_zps5ab35c84.jpg

photo 2012-04-10001852_zps5b7e5742.jpg

photo 2012-04-11003528_zpsa5b4ef20.jpg

photo 2012-04-11003558_zps86753b7f.jpg

photo 2012-04-11003614_zpscba5b0c8.jpg

Re: Look at What I've stumbled upon...

Omar, it looks to have deLuxe front and rear mudguards and an early timing cover but the cutway fuel tank with Vokes filter and the pannier type carrier are later parts supplied to the British army.

It requires someone more knowledgeable than me to separate the various identities. Checking the engine and frame numbers is the next step.

It's less well detailed and less ready to ride away as a WD motorcycle than the one that Roger is offering on the forum today at £4000 so I'd expect something less than that as the value in the UK but it only takes two bidders on eBay....

Nieuwe pagina 1