Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pic BSAs Giru Nth QLD Australia 1942

Hi all, here is a pic of the place in 2013 where the pic was taken of BSA M20s in 1942.
It took my mate a fair bit of searching and asking all the older folk questions where it could be but he found it.
It's now an arts center. Giru is a fairly small community just south of Townsville Nth Queensland Australia.

cheers Terry

http://s1290.photobucket.com/user/bsalover11/library/?sort=3&page=1

Re: Pic BSAs Giru Nth QLD Australia 1942

Giru 2013 is now an art center photo 7aa1767b-3247-40a3-b375-159680399f12_zpse2abae59.jpg
Giru NQ 1942 photo GiruNQ1942_zps9dedc49d.jpg

Congrats on finding the location, when will you gather the same number of bikes and redo it....

email (option): unpob@yahoo.com

Yes Henri thats a good idea I will try and round up BSA M20s in military trim in my area I dont know many I can get but I will try. It may take a while.
The place is definitely the same as in the 1942 pic my mate said you can see the same posts once inside the front gate he will get another pic asap. He said the house next door was knocked down because white ants had eaten it out really badly.

Hi Terry...I searched for the place on Google Earth 'street view' after your original posting...Good that you have now found it...It a bit of a drawback living in Oz I guess when some insects come along and eat your house... ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Yes Ian they are either eating our house or eating us (crocs and sharks) or biting us (snakes and spiders).
We have the most venomous snakes in the world over here and some pretty bad spiders to but it is the lucky country or use to be. Nah its all good over here nothing to worry about but you do have to watch out for drop bears if you go in the bush. (forest or whatever you call it over there)

Hi Terry...Drop Bears?..Next you'll be telling me to watch out for the Bunyip, Yowie and the Hawkesbury River monster!...... ....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Nieuwe pagina 1