Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Normandy 2013...update

Just got back from Normandy...left Ron and "Rons Rebels" still there till Sunday.VERY quiet all round but in some ways not a bad thing as it made for a relaxing break rather than the stress of being in traffic and waiting in line to get food, drinks, petrol etc. Weather was dry, very cool wind and overcast but cleared towards the end of the week. Highlight for me and my bro, who was with me, was chatting to a USA veteran, Al Gilteman, on Omaha.He was with the 29th, landed about 11 am ,as he said "with dry feet". Real nice guy, 90 years old and still walking around better than some 70 year olds. Wounded three times ,mainly shrapnel..It was actually his 90th birthday on the day we met him!
Looking at the pic posted at St M E.....Ron does look a bit grumpy ...probably the wiskey hangover! Stll he cheered up later in the day when we and our bikes where all invited to join a French Reac Group who had a full camp set up in the middle of town and gave us all free beer...RESULT
You will also note ..just over Rons shoulder in the picture..our very own "Horror" ( Dave ) sporting the very stylish DR coat in desert yellow..we all thought it made him look very "happy" !!!!! Also two of our crew had a lovely meal heated up on the camp fire only for me to actually read the tin afterwards and dicover they had dinned heartily on pigs brains!!!you have to laugh!!
Looking forward to 2014...All the best Andy B

Re: Normandy 2013...update

It was a great week Andy, just hope you can wait untill next year for part 2 of the longest day

;-D :-D

Jo'b

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Who had the piggys brains?....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Rons mate... tall Tim (the builder) and Tims mate Tony.Fair play to them ...they kept it down( just! ) when I told them !!!!
Still laughing ..Andy B

where do I find these pics you mention?

On the Normandy 2013 Best Wishes thread....

Nieuwe pagina 1