Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Some photos of my M20 restoration to date, Part 9

Picked up the exhaust from the vapour blasters today after he's had it for 3 weeks.
As some will know, I was a little uncertain wether I wanted this vapour blasted but I'm gob smacked how good it looks and how correct it looks with the rest of the bike.
 photo P1030269_zps76bc970c.jpg

photo P1030270_zpsd30c2eb9.jpg

photo P1030271_zpsb1159550.jpg

photo P1030272_zpse134a625.jpg

Also had the speedo back today and it looks the business, thanks to Chronometric Instrument services.
 photo P1030279_zps13f61d6a.jpg

Just need some help with thcarb now to get the throttle response.

Julian

email (option): 79Aust@sky.com

Re: Some photos of my M20 restoration to date, Part 9

OMG.

I think I'm the happiest man on this forum tonight.
After a week of playing with the carb, slowly studying the operation of the carb and reading a few books on it, I just stripped it off the bike and took the needle valve nut off the bottom to find that I never cleaned this nut properly when I overhauled the carb, hence it was entirely blocked. After getting a needle through the very hard deburry a lovely hole appeared and after washing it through with Gunk and polishing it out on the needle I've just kicked it over and the throttle response is now better than my GSXR.

It sounds amazing and as my wife advised, 'It's very loud!'. I can't describe how pleased I am having the bike run properly for the first time since my late father had it running I beleive in 1977.

May I thank you all for your great assistance during my rebuild, at last I see a light at the end of the tunnel.

A Very Happy and Excited,

Julian

Just when it was all going so well???

The supplier I had for my seat covers has just advised that he can't now help after 2 months .

Can anyone recommend where I can get a matching pair of saddle covers to fit my front and small rear pillion seat, as the rear cover is a bit of a rarity now and I don't have any originsal cover to use as a pattern.

Julian

I can,t see anything wrong with the seat cover on the front saddle from the photos above? Maybe someone can enlighten me?

Stiching has all gone on the front cover and I would like a matching front and back cover if anyone knows who can help please.

Julian

I cant help with the stiching, just to say you got a great looking bike,well worth the sweat and tears, your Dad would be proud. What part of the country are you,

Julian Hands
Stiching has all gone on the front cover and I would like a matching front and back cover if anyone knows who can help please.

Julian

Sounds like a job for the missus, break out the needle and cotton!

Thanks Colin,

I live in Chepstow, South Wales.
Got it running a treat now and just found a local horse saddle shop by Chepstow Racecourse, that may be able to make a set of covers.
Fingers crossed.
Julian

First ride on it last night and what a great mooment, had loads of neighbour onlookers all congratulating me as they had seen me work through the winter in the garage getting it done.
Clutch engagment is very smooth and positive but this is the first british classic I have ever ridden and I now understand what people mean when they say the brakes are crap.
It stops okay but it certainly isn't Brembo disc nbrakes on the front wheel .
Footage of the little run is as follows:

http://s1323.photobucket.com/user/Julian_Hands/media/IMG_1444_zps6be11225.mp4.html

Not enjoying the DVLA policies in getting the bike re-registered and I'm loathed to loose any of my original paperwork, but would like it registered soon as I want to run it in properly instead of doing laps around the garage.

Julian

email (option): 79aust@sky.com

Nice one.

email (option): spacemonkeym@gmail.com

Now the problems start, she's already got her eye on it .
All I can say is, "hands off, it's MINE", Well it was?????
 photo image_zpsacc65fee.jpg
Julian

She's going to have to get some appropriately coloured clothing if she wants to take it to Normandy next year..Pink DR sandals?..It will cause a mutiny.. ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Julien, what you'll find is that there is a really good seating position for young passengers, right between you and the fuel tank. My Daughter and Son both love going for a ride up and down the road sitting just there.

email (option): kit247@hotmail.com

I know what your saying Kit, but my wife will go beserk if she sees me do it????
My wife works nights but I guarantee that one of my daughters will grass me up, LOL. , (will send photo when it's done.)

Julian

email (option): 79aust@sky.com

Nieuwe pagina 1