Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
norton 16H help

hi chaps, i just recently purchased my new project bike, a 1946 16H with a 1943 WD engine fitted. i dont know much about thees nortons but im sure ill learn more along the way.
i know the bike should be restored to civilian trim being a 1946 (frame number starts with A) and has a cradle frame.
main question i wanted to ask is there a download parts list available and i assume id have to get a separate parts list for the wd engine?
ill be happy restoring this as a civilian bike but id rather like to restore it as a WD bike, so does anyone have for sale any WD 16H parts?
to be honest i dont know which way to go, i wish i could leave the bike as it is and just olive drab the lot.
any help will be appreciated
thanks barry

email (option): mrsbfuller@hotmail.co.uk

Re: norton 16H help

Barry reprint manuals and parts lists will probably be available from Rob Van Meel www.robvanmeel.nl/‎
As it happens I have most parts from a WD 16H for sale including frame (would have to check the number) No engine though and front mudguard is civy. I'll PM you later.

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

thanks ron, il email you a pic of my bike and maybe you could tell me what i need,
thanks barry

email (option): mrsbfuller@hotmail.co.uk

Barry,

A civil 1946 16H is a quite rare machine, much rarer than a military one.
Added to that there have not been cradle frame Nortons in the regular army.
I personally would find it a bit of a sin to change a rare machine into something it never has been and of which many real survivors are still around.
A 1946 16H engine is basically a 1938/39 civil engine. Unfortunately Norton changed their spare parts numbers in 1946 making a direct comparison a bit difficult but the parts are still the same.

I would be interested in the pictures as well so if you want to send them I can have a look as well.

Cheers,

Rob

email (option): wd16h@telfort.nl

Barry,

A civil 1946 16H is a quite rare machine, much rarer than a military one.
Added to that there have not been cradle frame Nortons in the regular army.
I personally would find it a bit of a sin to change a rare machine into something it never has been and of which many real survivors are still around.
A 1946 16H engine is basically a 1938/39 civil engine. Unfortunately Norton changed their spare parts numbers in 1946 making a direct comparison a bit difficult but the parts are still the same.

I would be interested in the pictures as well so if you want to send them I can have a look as well.

Cheers,

Rob

email (option): wd16h@telfort.nl

Nieuwe pagina 1