Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Clutch

Hi you guys,
New on the block and wet behind the ears. My m20 1944 stood iddle for twenty years or so.
Runs great but first gear change is a bit troublesome. Previous owner mentioned sticky clutchplates and suggested exchanging them.
Noticed that Thb support offers a clutch conversion. Anyone experience with this conversion. Full conversion (pricey)or just exchanging the plates. Any alternatives?
Also on the lookout for an original battery case and the brackets for the pannier carrier.

Greetz
Bart

email (option): bdebusser@worldonline.be

Re: Clutch

a simple thing to try remove 1 friction and 1 steel clutch plate and see what happens this changed my clutch from a cruncher to a smooth no noise change

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

Hi I had similar problems in the past. Does it allow the selection of other gears without a problem ?.
Are you sure it's the clutch as I had to rebuild my gearbox to make 1st gear selection ok. I didn't change any of the gears but all the bushes needed replacing after 60 years.
If you don't have any significant drag at standstill, but in gear with the clutch in, I would suggest that you may have to consider the gearbox. Probably not what you want to hear but needs considering.

Thanx guys
Actually only first gear seems to be a bit troublesome. But to be honest, as I m not insured yet, I only managed to make a short test drive.

greetz
B

email (option): bdebusser@worldonline.be

If the bike has sat for a long while it is common for the plain plates to rust onto the fiber plates.
Usually a quick strip and a touch with the wire brush will fix the problem

email (option): wariron@tpg.com.au

Hallo the clutch is very important;if the clutch do not work properly the gear changes works olso not good . when i cleand every plate i sand it with no 80 sandpaper until its undone from dirt and verry clean like new ones then i replace the first two plates if they are worn and make the clutch house good flat where the plates hit the haus so they can move easy . a whole differend clutch try it out. Gr. Theo

email (option): oldbikes@kpnmail.nl

Nieuwe pagina 1