Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
regiment affectation for my BSA

Hello, bonjour,
I have a BSA WM20, the registration is C4142831, frame number WM20 16398.
I would like to know to which regiment my motorbike was affected during the WW2 ?
or does anybody know how to find this information ?
thank you for your help and HAPPY DDAY from Normandy !
Bernard

email (option): etchezmartine@free.fr

Re: regiment affectation for my BSA

Hello Bernard

Welcome to the ranks. Based on what I have read on here and elsewhere it is very unlikely you will find any specific documentation that associates your bike with any particular regiment or unit. The best you might have found would have been the original markings on the tank on any original paintwork that might have been left under what you have now. It might be that the bike key card might give a clue via a date and geographical location, but that chance I feel is a slim one. There are members on here who have some of this information and hopefully one or more of them will be along later to let you know anything they have. But most of us have found out already that having the census number etc gives us no clues at all ! :-)

email (option): cruiserchooser@hotmail.co.uk

CETTOUR
Hello, bonjour,
I have a BSA WM20, the registration is C4142831, frame number WM20 16398.
I would like to know to which regiment my motorbike was affected during the WW2 ?
or does anybody know how to find this information ?
thank you for your help and HAPPY DDAY from Normandy !
Bernard

Bonsoir Bernard,

Soyez le bienvenu!

J'ai vu ta moto il y a quelques années à Beaulieu, et j'étais impressioné!

Bernard's bike has one of the most original early BSA petrol tanks that I've ever seen!

photo DSCN6585.jpg

photo DSCN6590.jpg

photo DSCN6588.jpg

Unfortunately it won't be possible to tell much more about the Regiment that used this bike... But I'm sure that "we" have some pictures of Beute BSAs with very close numbers!

Jan

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

Ah Jan, caught in the act of measuring the numbers !

If it was sourced in France, then this has to be an ex-BEF machine and would have had an extremely short military history !

The census number matches the frame and shows that this contract (C5610) certainly had 'linked' and not random census numbers.

Bernard, do you have any pictures of the mudguards prior to restoration ?

It would be interesting to know where in France the bike came from as it may give a clue to who it served with. My guess would be closer to one of the base depots further south or a connection with the '2nd' BEF and perhaps close to Cherbourg ?

I'll see what I can find in terms of period photographs.

I did find these...

photo C4144239.jpg

photo C4141375.jpg

photo 6788_1.jpg

Jan

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1