Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Jake Robbins girder forks

Has anyone used jake for fork repairs?

I sent him a set in September and am getting tired of being put off with the old chestnut " they are next on the bench"

I understand if one is busy as I run my own business too, but just need to know of your experiences, good or bad as I am thinking of making the very long drive down to see if he bull---ts me face to face. I don't like being messed around.

Darren

email (option): dwrudd@lineone.net

Re: Jake Robbins girder forks

Hi Darren...He has done four sets for me...M20 x 2, Triumph 5SW and WB30...I was happy with the results in every case. Timewise it was OK, but I did factor that into my rebuild schedule getting the forks away early on each occasion, so it wasn't really an issue..If yours are 'the next set on the bench' and are about to be started, you will know in a couple of weeks if it is all 'waffle'..Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Thanks ian

I have been next on the bench three times so far and after the original quote of appx 6 months, I did factor in the time scale. But it's now time I had them as things are waiting for them to go any further.
I will contact him again before I make the trip, but if I have to drive down there he won't be pleased to see me!

email (option): dwrudd@lineone.net

He straightened my forks, made a couple of spindles and checked my frame. I delivered them personally from Belgium and made arrangements to have them picked up the next time that someone was visiting me.

As I recall, he arranged to have them at his house as my brother couldn't get there in working hours. I can't remember how long they were there but it was more for my convenience.

He's genuine but I have no idea why you're facing such a delay. Maybe a batch of new ones.

It's not always easy but I do like to deliver my bits face-to-face as it helps to be more than a number when it comes to sorting out timings.

I called in to see Jake about 3 months ago ( his workshop is only about 4 miles from me ) He was trying to reorganise his workshop following a serious fire caused by the car workshop next door ( the owner was uninsured & did a runner) Jake said that he had to scrap all his stock of metal due to heat damage etc.
I know none of this will help anyone waiting for forks etc but it may go someway to explaining the delays

email (option): g.gilbert946@btinternet.com

Nieuwe pagina 1