WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
spellchecker

the forum has spell checker ? or is it my laptop that has got it all a sudden

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

Re: spellchecker

Roger I fink all compooters haf that funkshun. I cooddn't do wiffout it.

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Where do I find it, Ron ? I sit with a half-hundredweight dictionary beside me !

Gawd knows Rik? My son sets it all up for me. Ron

Ron Pier
Gawd knows Rik? My son sets it all up for me. Ron

If a word comes up with the wobbly red line underneath then the computer says it is misspelled or incorrectly capitalized. If you right click on any word it will offer alternatives or correct spellings, obviously if it is a made up word like oojamaflip it cannot help (mine offered flameproof). If the word is underlined as mentioned before but is a name (Rik is underlined in the previous post) or an unusual word or postcode etc. that is not in the spell checker, you can add it by right clicking and then clicking on add to dictionary

East really!

My computer would never dare to use a red pen on anything that I write.

I assume it's not on XP ?

It should be, though I believe it is attached to programmes such as Winword or many forum sites such as this.

I think mine is connected to an American version. It always tells me I am spelling words like 'Tyre' and 'Cheque' wrong Ron

You should find your spell checker in the "edit" menu ( the one with cut & paste in it ) normally right at the bottom.
"Check wile you type is an option in the "Settings" menu on inferiour machines or prefferences menu on good ones.

email (option): wariron@tpg.com.au

Nieuwe pagina 1