Author
Comment
Forum picture

Aha! There are Ron's 3 helmets.......

Regards,

Sven

email (option): snvosselman@gmail.com

Re: Forum picture

The guy on the left should have taken a smaller size it seems.

Henk

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Unusual horn locations..and what has the guy on the left got stuffed inside his battledress jacket?.. ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

the bike on the right has a div sign and a D day star on the front mudguard yet I thought div signs were discontinued mid war the bike on the left looks like an earlier model

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

Ian Wright
what has the guy on the left got stuffed inside his battledress jacket?.. ...Ian

Probably krentenbollen

The one with the star has what looks like a german Bosch horn fitted.
and a domed glass?

They also appear to have a star painted on the helmets?

I can't see any of the piccys your talking about???

Keith H
I can't see any of the piccys your talking about???

Ahh Iv'e got now, that was magic!!

Computers are lazy Keith, they just show you what they think is still there as that is what is stored in the memory. You have to refresh the page to make sure you get the latest photo.

Henk

Nice picture of the Princess Irene Brigade either entering Den Haag or Amsterdam in 1945. I have not seen this particular one before but I do have a picture taken slightly earlier or later, showing the same riders and bikes.

The PIB obtained their first M20's in june 1941 and those will have been replaced as and when necessary so its not a surprise you see early and late models.

I have some more history on the website www.wdnorton.nl.

Cheers,

Rob

email (option): wd16h@telfort.nl

I found the place.

Its on the corner of the Keizersgracht and the Leidsestraat in Amsterdam, looking towards the city centre.
The original picture is slightly larger giving more clues.
The house on the corner at left is number 35, and clearly visible in streetview.

Cheers,

Rob

I have done everything to renew the page, but to no avail; is it something in the memory that even after removing site and forum I still get the three-helmet picture
Hans

email (option): viaconsu [at] planet [dot] nl

Hans WDM20 58764
I have done everything to renew the page, but to no avail; is it something in the memory that even after removing site and forum I still get the three-helmet picture
Hans

?? Isn't that the one they are referring to

email (option): cruiserchooser@hotmail.co.uk

Rob
I found the place.

Its on the corner of the Keizersgracht and the Leidsestraat in Amsterdam, looking towards the city centre.
The original picture is slightly larger giving more clues.
The house on the corner at left is number 35, and clearly visible in streetview.

Cheers,

Rob

Ok, next job is to organise 3 bikes for a 'then and now' pic. Not sure you will find it easy to arrange the carriers and Bedford MW for the background though!

email (option): cruiserchooser@hotmail.co.uk

Nieuwe pagina 1