Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Website photo

Hi Henk,

Is that a post war photo/combination?

email (option): unpob@yahoo.com

Re: Website photo

I am pretty sure it's a war time photo. I have photos the combination taken from both sides in quite large size. If anybody is interested I can email them.

Henk

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Henri it's a GPO (Royal Mail) outfit from the 40's. Rob Miller has one and we have discussed what the colour should be? The consensus so far I think is, Army green bike with a pillar box red box??? Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Knowing nothing else about it but what I can see, I reckon it must be a wartime one as no-one would have left a blackout mask on any longer than they actually needed to. Once the restrictions were lifted in the UK then they were pretty much universally removed due to the danger the lack of light caused. I cant see the Royal Mail running them with masks after the war.

email (option): cruiserchooser@hotmail.co.uk

If nothing else, she's got her respirator bag with her, not usually seen much after the war??

Your talking about the forum photo, the others about the website photo. Maybe a little confusing to use two side-car photos at the same time.

Henk

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

I don't seem to have the photo that everyone else is talking about then? Mine sometimes takes a while to catch up for some reason?

I can see the pic of the combo on website pagebut not other pic

email (option): chris@mgowner.co.uk

Hi Henk, yes, not taking about the forum picture, which is definitly War time. Still looking to get mine inbound as soon as I get my act together. Thanks Ron, I have that sidecar box waiting to be shipped, that was why I asked.

Henri

email (option): unpob@yahoo.com

I've refreshed the page a few times and now seem to have both photos as I should and can now see what everyone is talking about. Odd how sometimes it seems to change straight away and sometimes it takes a while to catch up?

Have looked at the picture, nice bike

It seems to have a London number, mid war tank, late pattern rear guard, rubber handlebar grips & the mag lever is mounted in an unusual way ?

Can the bike be dated from the reg no ?

Jo'b

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

The batch of GPO M20s (Website picture) where delivered and registered for use on the road in 1942, oddly the BSA ledgers say that many of the Military M20s with numbers running up to this batch were delivered in 1940.

So perhaps these frames with sidecar lugs were made then put to one side in the BSA factory until demand from the Army had caught up?

My frame is WM20 13142 and was used as a postal Delivery outfit in Shepton Mallet during the war, the one pictured was used in East Gristead.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

Here's the other side. Ron

photo GLO967-1_zps779bf154.jpg

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Nieuwe pagina 1