Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Despatch Rider interviews wanted for museum display - Also looking for Motorcycles for exhibition.

Dear all,

I am the exhibition officer at Bletchley Park - Home of the Codebreakers, I have been giving the exciting task of revamping the garage exhibition. I would like to tell the story of the despatch rider and the difficulties they faced. I am looking for photographs that could be used within the exhibition as well as interviews/stories from the people that carried out this vital role.

In addition we require a motorcycle, I am either seeking a donation or a long term loan a BSA, Ariel or matchless would be a preference, if we have more than one then great.

Please contact me if you have any information, we would like to complete some interviews and have them playing in the garages.

Many Thanks

Sarah Kay

email (option): sarahkay@bletchleypark.org.uk

Re: Despatch Rider interviews wanted for museum display - Also looking for Motorcycles for exhibitio

Sarah, I don't know if you saw the material posted by Nevil Horsfall over on the WW2talk forum ? He was a DR prior to officer training and was actually at Bletchley briefly.

http://ww2talk.com/forums/topic/28295-my-service-in-royal-signals-1939-to-1946/page-3

I see that he hasn't posted since last year. I hope that he's OK. I'm quite happy to drop him a personal message if you're interested.

Re: Despatch Rider interviews wanted for museum display - Also looking for Motorcycles for exhibitio

Yes!

Would love to talk to him, I really want a veteran interview about the role and difficulties etc... I have had a brief scan through the forum and this is exactly what I have been looking for.

Please ask him to call me I would love to hear what he has to say.

Thanks

Sarah

Thanks so much!! We are talking via email! Very excited about what we may find out!

Hi Sarah

I'd certainly be interested in hearing/reading what he has to say - any idea when the interview and exhibition are likely to be ready?
If you'd like a few more DR bikes for the day I'm sure a few of us could be persuaded to ride to Bletchley for a look around.

email (option): lee@twowheelstested.co.uk

Hello!

The date is a little up in the air at the moment but should be this summer.

I will ensure that I announce the opening (although it may be opening in small stages) for you to come over.

We do have an event on at the end of the month that you may be interested in.

Please see our website for details.

But I will certainly keep you updated on what is going on.

Kindest Regards

Sarah

Nieuwe pagina 1