Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
REflective Helmet Stickers in France

Have you chaps going to Normandy got your non-removable stickers on your tin hats ?

Some info here on the NOC forum.

http://www.nortonownersclub.org/news/international-rally-helmet-stickers

I'm going down to Burgundy on the 'modern' Norton. I'd normally say 'Bollocks' but I don't fancy a €135 fine, especially as they could do the same on the way back.

email (option): 79x100@gmail.com

Re: REflective Helmet Stickers in France

I'll just paint my helmet dayglo orange and be done with it
I e-mailed Ron the other day to say what "saftey" equipment we need to take to France. It looks like I need a breathalyser, reflective jacket and triangle, and that's just to keep in the van. I'm sure there's more things you're meant to have as well.

Just found this on ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-EURO-EUROPEAN-TRAVEL-KIT-DRIVING-FRANCE-FRENCH-BREATHALYSERS-/150879620419?var=#vi-content

If you buy everything they say you need it will cost £36.99 + postage

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

The law demanding Dayglo jackets for motorcyclists has been formally abandoned in France. The breathalizer law has been modified in that although you should carry one, there is no fine if you don't have it!...The requirement itself is under review and it is likely it will be dropped altogether....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

one of my helmets say you must not paint or put stickers on because it effects the material it is made of

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

My friend, who lives in France has four small round disc's on the four main point front back & sides about the size of a two pence piece, one other point is that if you wear glasses, you are required to carry a spare pair. Bloody French are a pain in the arse.

TTJohn

You can buy reflective, self adhesive Scotchbrite 'dots' in 40-50mm sizes and coloured black...these shouldn't be too obtrusive. 40mm [1 9/16"] diameter is the stipulated requirement for circular patches...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Reflective Helmet Stickers in France

I've been riding in rural France for nearly ten years, in which time I can't recall seeing any riders of classic bikes with four obvious reflective stickers on their helmets. I certainly don't have them on any of my helmets and, even when talking to Gendarmes about my various bikes, this has never been mentioned. Maybe it is enforced in the cities, but like many other regulations, not enforced out here in 'the sticks'.
Scorp.

Nieuwe pagina 1