Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Battle for Breville

As part of our visit to Normandy in a couple of weeks the NOBS are intending to undertake a bit of a study tour of the battle for Breville. I have managed to find good accounts of the battle on the net but cannot find any plans showing the various lines and exactly where the actions took place. If anyone has any detailed drawings or information I would be pleased to hear from you. Cheers John

email (option): tinley@btinternet.com

Re: Battle for Breville

John,

Would suggest the book "The Day The Devils Dropped In" by Neil Barber.

But while glancing through it, it's not directly about Breville, but more Merville and the Chateau St Come that is just outside Breville.

Hope this helps, Lex

ps, did you ever do the trip to Austria, to follow the 1939 6 day trial route??

email (option): welbike@wish.net

Hi John, the book Dropzone Normandy has an entire chapter titled "The Final Battle of Breville" (16x pages and illustrations) and mentions in the previous chapers, there is a map, but it's not that detailed. I can copy the various pages or I can send you my copy of the book, if you'd like ?

photo breville.jpg

Regards Gary

Hi John

What day you thinking of doing that trip ?

Best regards

John

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Chaps, many thanks for the information. It has been very helpful.

We have not decided when we are going yet but I will let you know when I know a little more. Cheers, John

Hi Gary,

I am off to Normandy on Monday 8 July and I have been nominated to lead the study on Breville. Your book looks ideal. Would you mind scanning those pages for me please?

Regards,

John

email (option): johnbradbury1@gmail.com

Hi John,
details sent to your e-mail.
Regards Gary

Nieuwe pagina 1