Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
WM20 trials outfit anyone

Heres a trials outfit,custom made and genuine barnfind.Runs like a Swiss watch cheers Rick

email (option): richardholt@rocketmail.com

Re: WM20 trials outfit anyone

That's got a certain charm...though I think it must have been a while back that someone thought it was a good plan to knock some fork clearance into an early M20 tank!...The engine is leaning backwards as well...It looks a bit 'Heath Robinson' in some areas which tends to make me think it's a bit dear at that price. I'd certainly like to see an M20 that 'runs like a Swiss watch' though...as opposed to the more usual 'cement mixer'... ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Flea bay seems to have a rash of them try 161028710748. I think bunny hops on a M21 could take practice (and muscle).

Cheers Pat

Barn find my arse! I sold this a few years ago, i built it around 1981 or 82 from bits from auto jumbles. Think total was around £400. It looks just the same as when i sold it apart from someone has welded that hideous seat frame to it. Front frame section is a plunger with both down tubes cut and shortened, back frame is wd M20 cut to suit. Rear wheel B40, front is a Ariel Leader alloy back hub with the sprocket boss turned off. Oil tank Matchless, forks matchless, It was never made to look pretty just functional for long distance trials, that's why i fitted the large early M20 tank cut to suit, don't forget these things were not worth much in the 80s M20 stuff was for nothing!. I used it for many long distance trials also trips to the IOM. You had to take the tank off to remove the plug as i had jacked the engine up so far, but it had a BTH TT mag on it with a spark that jumped 1/2" so never had any problems. I remember paying £25 pounds for the mag it was the most expensive part of the bike. It had WD crankcases with a 21 crank and piston and ported cylinder. It ran very well but was a handfull due to the weight. I remember well at a local trial i sunk it in a peat bog up to it's wheel spindles and it took me near a hour to get it out. Tax disk shows 97 this is when i sold the number off it after it had been laid up for a few years. There is nothing on it that could be used for a restoration, everything was cut to suit. Not everyones idea of what to do with a pile of M parts but it was in the 80s. If someone buys it and takes that seat frame off it will be a good bike again. Don't know about the swiss watch bit but it was a good quiet motor with a good low tickover may be down the the BTH mag! Well over priced but who knows with prices now.
Tim W

photo Jackthelad1987IOMTT.jpg

email (option): t.j.walker@btinternet.com

And one more

photo Arbuthnottrial1987onchalkhill.jpg

Hi Tim, is the beach photo Northcott mouth near Bude? I thought I recognised the scrap in the background. There was a lot less showing two years back.

Cheers Pat

No Pat, It's a beach in the IOM up the coast from Ramsey. We used to plat up the beach from Ramsey to kirkmichael, don't think you could do that now!
Cheers
Tim

Hi,just goes to show that all these bikes were loved once.Im glad someone(Tim)
knew the history of this one,and hope to see more of them in the future.The price may be on the steep side but judging the parts that sold on ebay tonight,Im gobsmacked.A HF1346 horn made £175.00,an air lever £105.00,A/R lever £88.00
and the ammeter and levers also did well.You will have to look at completed listings now,they were all from the same seller.Glad i bought my stuff a couple of years ago otherwise it would be a non starter.
cheers Rick

email (option): richardholt@rocketmail.com

...Funny how a lashed up subframe can alter your perception of a bike...In it's original form I really liked it...with the subframe I was immediately put off...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Nieuwe pagina 1