Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Taxing my M

Just tried to tax my M on line it comes up with MOT not found, on checking the MOT it runs out in about a weeks time. I know we have talked about this before but what is the outcome. Do i wait fot the MOT to run out and try again online or go to the post office. Got the reminder for my Velo the same time as my M but the Velo has no current MOT and i could do the Velo online OK.
Tim W

email (option): t.j.walker@btinternet.com

Re: Taxing my M

Well I just taxed my WD/CO on line and it still has some MOT. How can they say "MOT not found" if you actually have some. Unless of course it runs out before the start of the next tax disc! Does your V5C show the date of manufacture as before 1960? Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

tim online and at the post office they will not let you tax a vehicle when there is a month or less left on a MOT or insurance years ago if you only had a day left you could get a years tax

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

hi just rung dvlc .a nice lady said i can only do classic bike at the post office due to not having to mot it cheers

I did mine in the post office today, the chap behind the counter did want to see the MOT which runs out in the middle of June, I just hope this is sorted out by next year.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

Just got the documents out for the M, MOT runs out next week, V5 says first reg 1946. I have not had a problem with my other bikes taxing online but they had no MOT. I will wait till the MOT has run out next week and try again. Will keep you posted as i won't be the only one with this problem.

Tim W

What I find astounding is that this was announced about a year ago & I haven't seen an official government explanation of the rules surrounding it, all we get is fragmented guessing by DVLA staff.
You can pretty much guarantee a different version each time you ask, but somewhere there must surely be a set of official guidlines in writing.
I taxed a bike 2hrs after the rule change & I did that online smoothly but I also have a bike that is exempt but was MOTed last July for the purpose of taxing it, I fully expect to re tax that bike online when the disc expires regardless of its MOT status ... I'm not at all confident now.

Well I have taxed at least eight pre 1960 vehicles on line with the reminder details, without any problems so far. At least one had a current MOT. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Just print off and fill out an mot exemption form and take it with your ins and log book to a post office...dont take any mot with a month or whatever left on it cos its irrelevant.

email (option): chris@mgowner.co.uk

It's worked, MOT ran out on the 16th, taxed today online and all accepted and disc on it's way.
So if you get a reminder and your bike has a MOT that runs out that month, wait till it has run out and after a couple of days apply online and you will have success.
Today going to get the M out of hibernation and give it a fettle and oil change and a check over with the spanners.
Happy days!
Just seen my old trials sidecar M is on ebay, seller says barn find! I only sold it around 2 years ago! looks just as i sold it but someone has welded a ridiculous saddle to it.

Tim W

Nieuwe pagina 1