Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Price of parts

I've noticed the price of parts seems to be getting totally out of hand recently. Theres a Schraeder dust cap (only one by the way!) for auction on ebay starting bid £4.99 postage £1.50. I'm tempted to sell some of my stuff, it must be worth millions!
 photo T2eC16RyUE9s6NFHnmBRvgGGDg60_32_zps0dcc76c0.jpg

Re: Price of parts

Imagine if you've got a classic car, you've paid more than twenty quid for period dustcaps and the local toe-rags nick 'em all...If kids these days know how to unscrew a dust cap...

These caps are correct for WD machines prior to the introduction of the fancy ones that Henkie sells.

I wouldn't pay it. I'm worth millions in old clutter too...but if someone's restoring a bike abroad, can't get to UK jumbles and only finds modern plastic caps for their perfect restoration, then I bet they'll pay it.

Mine are 2 euro lookalikes, that one is an original

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

how about this then ..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281102873609?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

How does that compare with what you'd expect, Fred ? It's dearer than a Norton box and I thought they were steep. I feel the buyer was a bit of a mug. He bid the price up constantly instead of just a decent-sized snipe at the end.

email (option): 79x100@gmail.com

Yes, the bidding was lively from day one, I did bid myself, i expected it to make £350 -450 as it had the clutch with it.
I bid lower than that myself as I don't actually need it.
Yes, a snipe in the last few seconds is how I buy, I wouldn't show my cards early in a poker game either.

That makes my gearbox in the for sale section look cheap..There is a 'dolls head' gearbox on e bay at the moment..It'll be interesting to see how much that one fetches.. 181136202298 Currently on £255 with a day and a bit to go.....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Thought I might bid on a 1963 slimline featherbed frame and swinging arm on ebay yesterday. I watched gobsmacked as the price shot up in the last few minutes eventually topping out at way more than it would cost to buy a brand new featherbed frame and swinging arm from Andover Norton!! This was for a 50 year old frame with no v5. I give up!

it is probably to do with the fact when the frame is rebuilt it would be tax and MOT excempt and cheaper insurance a new frame would have to be taxed and MOTed in the end

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

Speaking of prices, have you seen the BSA v-twin j12 and y13 cilinderheads on evilbay ?

Doesn't surprise me & he knows someone will pay that , they are the late "enclosed inlet" ones which can also be easily altered for J11 use as well.
Not Y13 heads though.

The same guy also has 1 y13 head for sale

Hi,
do you know a thing or two about j11 ?
If so, i have a question for you.
Maybe you can email me ?

email (option): vanderzandemedema@snelnet.net

Michael,
I will email you.

1) there is a dedicated yahoo group for BSA V twins autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/bsavtwins that you might like to haunt.
2) don't be shy there are a lot of riders on this list that would also like to know what you need to know.

Bike Beesa
Trevor
Who morns to loss of the old flattank forum.

email (option): wariron@tpg.com.au

My questions are about the oil not pumping round, especially the return.
So if anyone has any suggestions please email me off forum.

Michael, i did email you, maybe you didn't receive it, there's a bit of talk around of oil pump drives snapping on the OHV V engines but its never happened to me. always worth filling the oil pipes with a squirty can in case the pump wont self prime after a long stand.
Yes the yahoo forum is a good place .. most of us BSA V Twin owners end up there in the end after doing a Google search for related info : D

Hi,
your email didnt arrive. Maybe you could try again ?
Thanks in advance.
And i will try the website.

Hi All
Ex wd 16H on fleabay 321128985769 ,one of the last batch made, but missing toolbox and smokes like a trooper. A snip at £6000!

amal air choke lever £ 105.69 what more can i say mad innit

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

Nieuwe pagina 1