Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My M20

1945 bsa m20 original polar bear found under the paintwork, from 1st picture to the most recent 12 weeks, still looking for girder forks and a main stand. Any help would be appriciated.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/95584203@N05/

Re: My M20

Nice bike Karl. It will not be easy and quite expensive to find girder forks for your bike. They can be found on ebay but it might take a while before somebody is going to list one again.

Henk.

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

yea i know i have seen them will have to bide my time i have not changed the tyres yet they still have the military ones on dated 1953 so no road riding yet what were the original tyre size the rear one is a 400 ? the tank no is the one that was under the coats of paint that i managed to ease off is there any one on here from belgium as we are over there from 7 june on the motor cycle club tour
karl

Hi Karl

Nice bike and an excellent effort for 12 weeks!! Any particular reason for the choice of formation colours on the tank? Did you find traces of them whilst rubbing down as with the Polar Bear?

Duncan

email (option): cruiserchooser@hotmail.co.uk

Hi Karl,

Is your frame number WM20 115967?

Henk

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Hi Karl,i had one with telescopic forks fitted,but not the full width hub as yours.Mine also had a crinkle hub on the rear,has yours?I will have to see if i still have the buff logbook for it,and check the frame number.
cheers Rick

email (option): richardholt@rocketmail.com

hi no my frame no is 115957 i got 2 differnt tank nos one off you or off this site and one was on the dating cert from the bsa club with the tank having its original post war bronze green coat and bits of karki green (the closest match for this shade was bs298 mine is in satin) showing through i carefully wet and dryed the layers off which revieled on one side the polar bear out line with no black back ground just straight on to the green and parts of the c no piecing both sides together the no from the bsa club was the same, c5556667 the other side of the tank there was no trace of any thing apart from a yellow square on the post war bronze green, so the reason i have stuck to this and the artillary colours (this still needs to have a 25 placed over it)is to represent vehicals attached and used by 665 sqn RCAF army co op sqd flying austers mk5 in northern europe in 1945, this is becouse i own a static mobile display aircraft auster mkv tj398 that served with 665 at appledorn ? and javer airfields and i believe 49th div and 665 was under the same command structure which i hope ties in with the polar bear ??? unless any one can correct me on this?? the canadians being canadian usually used harleys but i am told they did aquire a m20 through a trade off, what was traded i not know, if you do a google search for auster TJ398 you will see her at some of the shows we do

Nieuwe pagina 1