Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Additive for Ethanol

I was pointed towards this product today. http://www.frost.co.uk/ethomix-additive.html

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Re: Additive for Ethanol

PS I have ordered a bottle on the assumption that if it does no good it wont do any harm. Bit pissed at the £6.25 standard post rate though. Ron

I don't know how you'll know if it's working or not Ron. The only way would be to add it to one bike but not another and see the difference.
We shouldn't have to resort the adding stuff like this to our petrol to stop it corroding things. Ethanol shouldn't be added in the first place, it's a ridiculous situation.

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

I agree Dave. But as I said "it shouldn't do any harm" Ron

Hi Dave

I could write all night about ethanol in fuel & the effects it having now & future, we see it all the time

The good news it seems, we in europe will be spared most of the ethanol production strategy & route firmly established in the USA where it will have a huge effect on all cars manufactured after about 1992 in coming years, the business sector I am involved in and we as enthusiasts is not on the radar in any shape or form when decisions are being made concerning production of millions of gallons of fuel, by bureaus such as the EPA.

But as you say - its not right !! But we have to accept, irreversible now :-(

Ron If you are looking for ethanol additives locally, etc, pop to your local marine dealer or good lawn mower dealer where they normally stock this due to the seasonality of these products. Poole marine services down beside the RNLI office should have in stock, ask to speak with Roger, he knows me, or SAL marine in Lymington, Simon or Howard there will look after you, that's where I got mine

Best regards

Jo'b

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1