Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
LED Fag Taillamp/Brake Light Diode Resister Combination

Hello All:
Finally got around to hooking uo the Fag taillamp today with the wiring diagram sent to me a while back by Horror (Thanks!!!). I went to RadioShack and purchased an Epoxy Rectifier Diode 3 amps 400PV with a 220 Ohm 1/2 watt and a 100 Ohm 1/2 watt resistor pair based loosely on the forum recommendations.

I wired the diode in-line with the parallel resistors and inserted it in-line in the hot wire to the Fag taillamp, all within the headlamp shell and then T'ed the brake light into the Fag taillamp wire as per Horror's diagram.

I have a stop light switch neatly concealed under the pannier with wiring and switch almost unnoticeable. I purchased the LED taillamp from Henk. It works beautifully, nice and bright as a running light and even brighter as a stop light.

I know there has been a lot of discussion on this subject, how to do it, whether it will work with a LED bulb. Well, I thought I would put my two pence in on the subject.

I still prodding along on the M20 and loving every minute of it. Basically need to finish up the controls, but waiting to get enough items together for this bike, my other bike project, and my buddy's project to have some items cad plated. It is pretty doggone expensive, but should look good for the controls.

Doc

email (option): h2odoc@nmt.edu

Re: LED Fag Taillamp/Brake Light Diode Resister Combination

I did roughly the same thing Doc. I bought one of Henks LED bulbs and I had to play around with the resistor values for a while until I got it just right, but now it works brilliantly. I've also swapped the old bulbs for LED bulbs on the sidelight and speedometer lights too.

Re: LED Fag Taillamp/Brake Light Diode Resister Combination

That's great news, and very handy to know the components you used for the LED light to work. I stuck with ordinary bulbs as I've never had a problem with them and used a 1 Ohm resistor, so it's good to compile this info for the future

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Nieuwe pagina 1