Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
East Kirkby Avro Lancaster

I had a taxy ride in it today.
I imagined that I was going to enjoy it, but the whole experience was better than I expected it to be as those Merlins revved up and pulled the plane across the airfield at what I quess was about 40 or 50 mph. The acceleration was quiet strong.

If airplanes turn you on, I strongly recommed you save or beg for the money to have a go.

email (option): Gasboy@btinternet.com

Re: East Kirkby Avro Lancaster

I was at the RAF Metheringham open day today and the BBMF Lancaster did a flypast, what a fabulous thing it is! It came over about 5 times, literally at rooftop height! For a 70 year old aircraft, it's still a very powerful and surprisingly nimble thing, long may it grace our skies.

Peter, I was in Just Jane 3 weeks ago, I loved the day, the team there were brilliant, food was great..proper NAAFI canteen / school dinner. I waited long enough for my time there. Did you spot the M20 in the corner of the Hanger and 2 Leyland Hippos? As my Uncle was a Pilot I was lucky enough to have the space behind the Pilot on the run, amazing and surprised how cramped it was inside (have to say I did cry a bit as I stood in front as she rolled up to the stop thinking of his experiences and what it must have been like, not just an old war bird to me, much more than that.)

The Dakota they have there is undergoing a 75k GBP service! I asked befor I visited for a look inside, so had one of the engineers show me around. She really is a war bird, bullet patches everywhere as she is ex-D-Day and Market Garden vet. Several in-line hits on the nose and through the fusalage, including a hole in the top right of the Pilots seat which went in and came out the back of his shoulder, they didn't know if he survived or not. The Dakota SNAFU at the Merville Battery is well worth a look, she also has an interesting history as does the one at Dunsfold.

Hi all,

Was there a couple of years ago, for the RAF 90 celebrations, great stuff!!
I'm the only one in RFC uniform! had my 1910 P&M there for the occasion.

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@wish.net

I went to a market at Wellsbourne on Bank Holiday Monday and a Lanc flew very low just after we had left. What a beautiful sound and sight. It made you proud to be British.

Their was a classic bike run that started from east kirkby on saturday.

email (option): cooperbaumber@yahoo.com

Nieuwe pagina 1