Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Goats Sheepskin Coat

I have bought a long coat which is padded internally and looks a bit like a DR coat. The label inside has the WD broad arrow and it is dated 1940 and it is called a Goats. Sheepskin. I wondered if anyone can tell me anything about this and what arm of the services would have used it? Thanks John

Re: Goats Sheepskin Coat

Hey John, Has it got steel folding "hasps" instead of buttons a green velvet like collar and weighs a ton. If so I have one as well. There is a picture of a chap in the L.R.D.G wearing one. I did show mine to David Lloyd Owen years ago and he confirmed they wore them on night patrols as it got bloody cold in the desert at night.
Cheers, Mick.

Tennants Auctioneers sold a 1941 dated LRDG coat recently for £70, just like the one you are describing Mick.

Many thanks for you informative replies. I would really appreciate a photo of the LRDG chap wearing one if you possible send it to my email address. Cheers. John

email (option): Tinley@btinternet.com

Ok John, I've found the pic. You may have to bare with me a bit, my old computer went tits up and I now have a new one with this blasted windows 8 and I'm really struggling with getting thing to work.
Cheers, Mick.

email (option): mick@motorbikemike.org.uk

Nice one John, identified as quick as a flash !!

Job

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1