Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My WM20

My name is Rob, I live in Haarlem, The Netherlands.
Last winter (2012) I bought an WM20 project. The motorcycle was 'born' on 13-02-1940 and its framenumber is C4140486. I intend to restore it to the WWll army look. The past moths I've been cleaning and painting its parts. The project was fairly complete as I bought it, though it was in a civilian state, so some of the typically militairy parts were missing. Last weekend I started reassembling the motorcycle, my goal is to be ready by the end of this summer so I will be ready to take it to Normandy 2014...

photo IMG_1322_zpsc039e623.jpg

photo IMG_1536_zpse4e088c0.jpg

photo _DSC2301_zps05b1975b.jpg

email (option): rob@robwesterveld.nl

Re: My WM20

Hi Rob,

Welkom to the forum!
Please keep us updated with pictures of your restoration (just like Julian).
Hope to see you at a ride somewhere in Holland or in Normandy next year.

Regards,
Sven

email (option): snvosselman@gmail.com

Hi Rob,

You are well on the way and nice paintwork. Now the fun of putting all those bits together.

I noticed the position of the rearstand on the black frame. Take care that it is only a few degrees from vertical to prevent large forces on the pivots. There was a thread about this not long ago.

Good luck, Michiel

email (option): m.wijbenga@hotmail.com

I can look back at these pictures and reminisce, Love the colour and very nice job with the paintwork, looks a very complete bundle with all the correct pannier mounts.
I hope you get as much enjoyment out of this restoration as I have with mine, just be patient and very good luck, great start, very jealous.

Julian

email (option): 79aust@sky.com

Hi Michiel,

Thanks for your remark on the rear stand! I am glad you noticed that on my picture and I shall look into it.
Today I made some more progress with the reassembly of the mudguards.

photo IMG_1541_zps581ebb8d.jpg

Hi Rob,

Are you sure about the date?, if I look at all the parts I would say it looks more like a mid-war model with the panniers, 8 inch lamp, plain rearmudguard, etc...

Just for the right order, you said your framenumber is C4140486, I think you mean the censusnumber by that or is that number actually stamped in your frame ??.

Regards, Michiel

Hi Rob...The bike is looking good so far...I am sorry to say however, the lower front mudguard stay is the wrong type and is not from an M20. It should go around the outside of the mudguard and doesn't have any brackets on the sides as yours has..Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Hi Rob,

I have a original front stay lying here if you want to change it. Little work is needed, looking for 15 euro + postage.

Send me an email if your interested, Regards, Michiel / Netherlands

email (option): m.wijbenga@hotmail.com

I am learning every day! I sent Michiel a mail about the mudguard stay, thanks!

Today I mounted the wheels on the frame. Now it can stand on its own wheels again
I replaced the wrong stay for a right one, thanks to Michiel.
The handlebar is still temporarily, the right one is ordered at Ian's

photo IMG_1553_zps38895656.jpg

wow - bike looks great..

Taking shape nicely

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

hello Rob

Color of your BSA WM20 looks great. What kind of paint you used? If it is not a problem can you tell me where did you buy it?

greetings Tomek

email (option): polus_77@tlen.pl

Hi Tomek,

The paint is from http://www.bramvanbuuren-jeeps.nl, you can send them an email
I bought the colour Ral 6014 mat 1.

Rob

Beautiful colour, great job.

Julian

email (option): 79Aust@sky.com