Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
G3L rear rack measurements

hi all, can any one tell me the measurements of the G3L rear rack, wide and length?
thanks barry

email (option): mrsbfuller@hotmail.co.uk

Re: G3L rear rack measurements

I have one I can measure, but they aren't easy to make, they are pressed steel not tubular . I will bring mine home on Monday night and measure it for you. If you use the search function on here, someone was making them they weren't cheap, but considering the work in them they weren't too expensive either.

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

I might just have that number barry

Will look fir it

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Hi Barry ,i have one out,will photo it with measure alongside and e-mail it to you
but as Dave says,not an easy copy
cheers Rick

email (option): richardholt@rocketmail.com

I'm looking for that rack and fenders. Anyone have any spares? Ratty Tatty is OK.

Thanks.

email (option): britool51@hotmail.com

Have a look for Jans recent post 'Matchless Carrier' in the 'Spares for sale/wanted section'. He does G3 and G3L carriers. You'll have a job finding a real one or making a convincing one out in the shed. Jans are brand new, pressed steel and look to be just the job.

Robb, Indian fenders are good value for money, everyone that bought them were happy with them
Dave

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

thanks chaps i appreciate all your answers.
johns racks look good and he does a very nice pillion seat aswell but i just cant afford one.
i was going to find a type of pressed steel rack and a re fab one out of it,
i do have another type of rack at home made out of round bar witch i was going to use but itl want more work, im not sure what bike its off, could possibly be pre war or from a 16H?? ive added a couple of pics, some one might know what its off.
thanks barry

photo rearrack002-1.jpg

photo rearrack001.jpg

email (option): mrsbfuller@hotmail.co.uk

just come across this post, i am looking for a rear carrier for my 41 g3l, has anybody got jans email, as i cant find the post on the for sale board.
ta

email (option): fj1200@talktalk.net

Nieuwe pagina 1