Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
BB34A

Just wondering Ian if you would have a source for a replacement liner for a BB34A barrel. Plenty of Goldy ones around but they are 1/2 inch shorter? Just pulled down a so-called rebuilt motor and it's valves were hitting the piston because of wrong sized cutouts in piston, little end bush stuffed 8 thou piston clearance and virtually no ring gap!

Re: BB34A

Do you have the approximate dimensions? My friend Ken has a load of liners for singles that he just picked up he may be able to match one up for you, his number is 0151 3368584

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

I'm in Oz Dave, so he probably wouldn't be that interested. I was just wondering if there were other suppliers apart from Bursons and Phil Heath.

Hi Douglas...Westwood Liners can supply for pretty much anything. Take a really close look at the barrel all the way around where it 'necks in' under the fins..They are quite prone to cracking. If there is a crack they have to be welded inside and out with the liner removed and then be bored and have the liner refitted. If welded just on the outside they usually crack again.
Hopefully you won't have that problem but I had to mention it....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Thanks for the tip Ian.

douglas
I'm in Oz Dave, so he probably wouldn't be that interested. I was just wondering if there were other suppliers apart from Bursons and Phil Heath.

He'd send a liner to Oz as he does quite a bit on eBay under the name mrkedwards . Failing that, any good automotive engine rebuilders should be able to modify one for you from one of the commercially available ones for cars. Some of the more modern liners use materials that are a lot more durable than the original components so they should last a bit longer

Does Ken have an email address Dave?

Hi, I think it's kenklassik@aol.com

Nieuwe pagina 1