Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A nice M21..

So nice in fact that apparently it left the Jaguar factory assembly line at Brown's Lane, rather than Armoury Road.. Even has the "Ultra rare lower chainguard" . !! And like everything in California, "This machine is nothing less than a symphony of mouth-watering gorgeousness."

He says laughing all the way to the bank... What a joke!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Museum-Quality-Restored-1956-BSA-M21-600cc-Rigid-11-Miles-Since-Restoration-/161004541209;jsessionid=C7BD48B697C108B81AF53AFF74B5E7CB?ViewItem=&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123&item=161004541209&forcev4exp=true

email (option): vinver-ns.sympatico.ca

Re: A nice M21..

Clean and tidy but not quite as 'Totally Awesome' as the vendor seems to think...Some incorrect finishes and parts are visible..not least the wheel rims which should be chrome plated and the incorrect colour of the petrol tank which would have been maroon with cream panels for that year.(with maroon and chrome as an option) Mudguard stays should be black and not chrome plated. From 1955 a 376 Monobloc carb replaced the incorrect 276 carb fitted to this one and the M21 got the larger 8" front brake. Ball ended handle bar levers were not standard in 1956 either and the 'piled arms' transfer should be on the toolbox, not the oiltank. I'm also fairly certain the headlamp nacelle would have been standard fitment on rigid and plunger models for 56, not the 'separate' headlamp...It's best to thoroughly know your subject before making claims for 'total originality'.......Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Both brakes looks a bit worn and where on earth is that speedo cable going, its going to get fried, beside it being bent just after leaving the speedo. Cross head screws and other little things but at least the magdyno is earthed which is rare IMHO.

Pattern horn, Adv/rtd and choke levers incorrectly mounted and one is a pattern one. Incorrect pattern horn/dipswitch, Pattern ammeter (for a 12 volt machine). Switch panel, speedo bracket , rear and front mudguard stays and other bits plated..they should be black. Hinged back mudguard,it should have the 'drop off' tail. The silencer is for a plunger model, tank knee grip rubbers are the swinging arm type, pattern rear brake light switch, wrong contact breaker cover clip, incorrectly mounted saddle and springs, incorrect later type fork top nuts etc. etc...Ian

Funny thing... as I type this, I'm sitting about 2 miles from where the Ebay location is for this bike. Perhaps I should go and do some rivet counting in person.

Funny price on this bike, when a 98- 2008 Triumph Sprint RS is going for under $3K US. Ducati 748's and 916's can be had for around $5K here in these parts.

Kevin

cor!! no pulling the wool over the eyes of you lot but i have got to say visualy it looks nice but a bit to shiney for me

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

Just noticed: sold for £8,204.79!!
That's eye watering not mouth watering

That's serious money for a solo bike! someone has too much money to spend. Not quite as described but as long as the buyer is happy, i am sure the seller would be.

Tim W

I hope the bloke who bought it is a rich 15 year old...It might take a few years before he will turn a profit on that 'investment'... .....Once you looked past the shiny finish I didn't consider it a particularly good example..and certainly not exceptional..Just take a look at the number of incorrect parts..Even the finishes, though nicely done, were all wrong for the year...Ian

Nieuwe pagina 1