Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Progress on A Stalled 1941 M20 Restoration

I am excited to Share Some Recent Progress on My Previously (3 Years) Stalled Project
1. Gearbox Overhauled Cleaned Up And Working, Well I can Get 4 Gears!!

photo IMG_1155_zps0a290963.jpg

2. Bespoke Sliding Plate with Lip Seal in Place of Felt Ring

photo SlidingPlate2_zpsfd54b6e2.jpg

Please excuse Photo Quality I need to do Better.

email (option): grumpy.moran@gmail.com

Re: Progress on A Stalled 1941 M20 Restoration

Hi Ron,
keep up the good work, a step at a time, we need more M20`S in Aust.on the road.
Maybe we should hold a rally at the war memorial in Canberra one of these years, and see how many we can get together ??

cheers Dave.J.

email (option): jamfam@dragnet.com.au

Dave James
Hi Ron,
keep up the good work, a step at a time, we need more M20`S in Aust.on the road.
Maybe we should hold a rally at the war memorial in Canberra one of these years, and see how many we can get together ??

cheers Dave.J.

Yes sounds a plan long term I am off to the IOM in 2 months but I have a plan to have the M20 mobile. By then

email (option): Grumpy.moran@gmail.com

Keep at it Ron...You've had the worlds longest tea (beer) break so it must be time to finish it now!... ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Ian Wright
Keep at it Ron...You've had the worlds longest tea (beer) break so it must be time to finish it now!... ...Ian

Ian
I have a plan I head to the Isle of Man in May the plan was the M20 would be complete by then unfortunately that took a hit today with a contracting company making me an offer to come out of retirement yet again but I am yet to say yes.

And by the way you are right tea is my least favorite beverage

Cheers

Ron

Well done Ron, it'll be good if you can arrange to meet at an event, as a goal to aim for. Try not to get too sidetracked... The IOM is great fun, I'm going to the GP in August

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Hi Ron

Looks like it is coming along nicely.

I have been contemplating making a sliding plate with a proper oil seal in it to try and stop at least one of the old girl's incontinence problems.
Do you have any other photo's of your's?, or measurements of the oil seal etc. Any info would be most welcome before I start slicing bits off my anatomy with the lathe and tinsnips.

Cheers
Pete

Steve did a really nice job on the A 10, then he put a belt on it so made all of his handiwork redundant.
He laid a bead of weld arounf the circumfrence of the big hole in the back of the inner cover.
He then milled a grove in the bead to accomodate a length of X profile rubber which he glued in.
This all but eliminated the leaks from the sliding plate.
His modified shliding plate was much the same except he used the X profile seal again.

email (option): wariron@tpg.com.au

Re: Progress on A Stalled 1941 M20 Restoration attention pete C

Pete sorry I missed your post I had the sliding plate made by a guy in western Australia so I am not exactly sure of the details but it is a lip seal with the approximate dimensions of 1.375 OD 0.625 ID &0.250 wide the seal part number is not visible but I am currently fitting the clutch and if any further details com to hand I will post to you.

Cheers

Ron FTLDU

Nieuwe pagina 1