Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Oh no!

Oh no......!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Norton-16H-Military-WW2-500cc-?cmd=ViewItem&hash=item2c6cc8a416&item=190803649558&pt=US_motorcycles

Something tells me that we'll have some requests for parts or info soon here on the forum for this 'excellent machine'.........
Matching no's.....very rare indeed..

Regards,
Sven

email (option): snvosselman@gmail.com

Re: Oh no!

Well, at least it was a running machine before it was decommissioned. They didn't had to push it around during the war.

Henk

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Some of our English sense of humour is rubbing off I see Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

'It was running well when put into storage' and 'the engine was in running condition when removed from the bike', or words to that effect, are statements I have seen a lot lately in adverts...If anyone is dumb enough to pay a higher price on the strength of that they deserve what they will probably get...'The engine doesn't run but turns over freely and the gearbox selects all gears',.... 'Only requires light recommissioning'..and 'Just needs a few simple jobs to get it running' are other classics from the ' Big Book of Sell Your Motorcycle Jokes'... ....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Ron Pier
Some of our English sense of humour is rubbing off I see Ron

And that isn't easy for the Dutch nearly being German

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Germans on drugs though... ...Ian

Hmm...that 16H is hanging.

UNF engine mount bolts, no electrics, dynamo hanging off, chaincase half open...

...and 'matching numbers - unusual on a military machine' - a damned sight less unusual when they're stamped in an odd font over the two small holes where the 'Cat No. 3787' brass plate was fitted indicating a spare engine. From the smooth casting finish, I'd suspect that this unit is a few years earlier than the frame.

It also displays my pet hate on a Norton with adjustable handlebars - the clamps set in front of the damper knob for that chopper-bobber look.

Ex Indian machine Rik...They frequently polish the crankcases and other alloy parts. I've seen it on a number of BSA engines...It goes with the chrome plating, prayer beads, Harley style buddy seat and garish paint job.. ...Ian

Yep, the chrome plated fork side links definitely indicate a sojourn in the sub-continent.

Pre- and early-war Norton cases were quite reasonably finished and these look like that. The late-war Norton castings are as rough as a badger's arse.

Nieuwe pagina 1