Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dynamo/Primary Chain Touching Each Other in G3L

Hello my G3L primary Chain and dynamo chain are touching each Other. Is it ok to add an extra washer to the clutch bell? Or wat else can I do?
J.M

email (option): johnmatthew04@gmail.com

Re: Dynamo/Primary Chain Touching Each Other in G3L

The alignment strap screwed to dynamo body has slots for alignment of dynamo chain.

First ensure engine sprocket is aligned with clutch sprocket, then check dynamo chain alignment.

email (option): n.gentner@bigpond.com

There are 2 screws on the dynamo body. Always wondered what they were for.so adjusting them would prevent this chain contact is it? How about the washer? J.M

email (option): johnmatthew04@gmail.com

John, I would not recommend adding another washer to the clutch bell. When you fit the clutch the thick washer goes on first, then the rollers and then the thin washer. Do not deviate from the factory specification. The issue will be that your dynamo needs to be pushed back a little in the clamp and this will give you clearance between the primary chain and the dynamo chain. There are two tapped holes on the dynamo body and there should be a plate attached to this which is the length of the gap between the inside faces of the engine plates. This is designed to stop the dynamo moving towards the primary case and allowing the chains to touch each other. If you do not have this plate you can make one easily and drill elongated holes for the screws so that there is room for adjustment. If you have more difficulties feel free to contact me direct on tinley@btinternet.com

Nieuwe pagina 1