Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
G3L Prop Stand Bolt Length

Hello, what is the length of a Matchless side stand bolt? Looks like a special bolt with no head. Please help.

Tavery

email (option): tavery.p@hotmail.com

Re: G3L Prop Stand Bolt Length

They are available new from Russell Motors. Don't forget the nut to go with the bolt. Cheers John

email (option): Tinley@btinternet.com

Hello John,

Thanks a lot, I have a few similar shaped bolts. So if I know the length I can fit them accordingly. And does the side stand provision (Lug) have thread on it. What prevents the bolt from falling out?

Tavery

Tavery, it's easy to make one yourself, just cut the head of the bolt, and saw a screwdrivercut in the end, (and make a bit of a dome on it with a lathe, or a file) so you can screw it in with a screwdriver, the bottom part of the sidestandhole is threaded, and a thin lock nut prevents it from becoming undone.

Total lenght is about an 8th of an inch longer then the width of the stand, so the top of the bolt with the slot is about flush with the top of the sidestand hole.

Hope this helps, sorry no picture.

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

Thanks Lex/John, that would make my job so easy. The bottom hole of the Side Stand is threaded (Something I never knew ), will check that, Thanks so much again

Tavery

Nieuwe pagina 1