Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Website RAF picture

Could that M20 have an 18inch front wheel?

Rob

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

Re: Website RAF picture

It certainly looks like a 4.00" section that has spent some time on the front of a sidecar outfit.

Henk, might I be able to get an emailed copy of the RAF WM20 photo from the website for my RAF collection?

Thanks!

email (option): wingco40@hotmail.com

Great photo.

The shields to keep those blues from getting muddy are a bit agricultural though.

What are the thoughts about what looks like a cobbled-up horn switch on the M20?

email (option): rays54@hotmail.com

That does look like an 18" side-car wheel on the front. It must have been like a barge to ride with that square tyre! Nice to see an original picture of a Royal Enfield WD/CO in RAF use. It must give me carte Blanche to fit leg shields on my own RAF CO . Both bikes look extremely well used with both sets of fork links pointing to the sky. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

someone has nicked the propellers off the lanc behind

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

I didn't like the 4.00 section front tyre on my M20 when I tried it..It made it very heavy on the steering and slow into corners. OK on a sidecar I would imagine though, when the steering is all over the place anyway ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Gents

I love this photo with the Lancs due to my family history.

April I'm up to the Glider Association to have a look around, sit in thier Dakota, then the next day off for a ride in Just Jane, not a bad week that. Also bought tickets to the hanger dance to support teh old lady..

Best wishes all, Kit

email (option): kit247@hotmail.com

The wife and I had a ride in Just Jane about 6 years back, what a day out that was!! The noise and vibration from those engines is fantastic. Don't push to get in first though or you'll end up squashed into the bomb aimers position at the front. If you try to get into the Lanc in the middle of the group, you are more likely to end up stood right behind the pilot in the cockpit like we did. The tips of those inboard propellers seem very, very close!!

Nieuwe pagina 1