Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Matchless G3WO reassembly

hi Guys, I have just returned to the reassembly of mY G3WO after 12 months and true to form if you leave these things, I am having some difficulty recalling how it all fits back together. Serves me right I suppose. Does anyone have any good exploded diagrams for the Matchless panel in tank G3?

Also, I see that my rear chain case where the clutch goes has been worn slightly oval. Cannot recall how this all fits but is this likely to mean it will not seal oil/grease in the chain case or is there a large felt washer behind the clutch drum?

Any help much appreciated whilst I get my brain back into gear.

thanks

Andrew

email (option): andrew.honychurch@btinternet.com

Re: Matchless G3WO reassembly

Hi Andrew, I have just taken the panel off my model X today so will send you some photos. Not sure exactly what your problem is with the chaincase so suggest you email me at tinley@btinternet.com. Cheers John

email (option): Tinley@btinternet.com

I wonder if there is enough room behind the clutch to fit a sliding plate arrangement ala BSA?Anyone attemped this?

There is very little room there, a lot of chaincases are eaten away by the chain, but this could also be from mounting the case with the wrong spacers etc. as mine is not leaking much at the moment I will leave it alone!

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

If your Matchless tin chaincase isn't leaking oil all over the garage floor, you've fitted it together wrongly!!

Nieuwe pagina 1