Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bristol bike show

After another full on week at work - I decided to have a break and to go to the Bristol Bike show

Lots of nice bikes on display with great efforts from local clubs, little in lines of military bikes, an Indian 741 in the top hall

If I wanted polish, cleaning fluid, oil, tools etc, it was spot on, but it provided little in terms of jumble with so many of the established traders not there for what is now billed as the season opener

I picked up some small pieces but left a little disappointed by the jumble at the show & that hasn't happened for a while

The VMCC event in 2 weeks normally beats this hands down or a normal kempton park for that matter

Met no one I knew there either - a first for such a long time

Jo'b

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Re: Bristol bike show

Yes John. It's the very reason I don't go any more. It's expensive to get in and lots of queuing. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

I went a few years ago and remember it being a good little show with plenty of outdoor auto jumble. Queued for 30 minutes to get in, had a good mooch around eventually leaving with a can of WD40 and some Solvol Autosol. The odd bits I picked up were way overpriced, in my opinion.

I did find two WD brass bezels for my speedo so I eventually left the show happy.

Stuart

It used to be a great jumble when it was at Bristol docks originally...Since the move to Shepton it has got progressively worse...Great if you want to buy cheap Chinese tools, Pakistani leather jackets or fudge.. ...I gave up on it two years ago...Personally I'd be happier to see less shows and jumbles but better ones. From a dealers perspective these smaller events are hopeless..you still have to prepare, travel, pay the diesel and stall fees and pack it all away again when you get home but you don't get the numbers of people and sales to make it worthwhile..Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

i think there are getting less and less jumblers and i have noticed this at local markets a lot less as last year went on it due to the cost of fuel and cost of a pitch ardingley was one only a few stalls selling spares and lots selling consumerble and any bike for sale were expensive

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

Have only been there once, was great, but that was when Bob Currie was still alive, so must have been at least 25 years ago??

Seems a lot of jumbles turn into tool fairs, was once on a jumble on an airfield in the Midlands, and there was even a fortune teller there!! (she couldn't tell me where to find the parts either )

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

I've given this one up too, pity really as its quite local (about 50 miles), Dad went up with some friends on Saturday and he couldn't even find a pair of piston circlips for my Welbike

But the VMCC jumble is only a couple of weeks away and I've booked a stall, so looking forward to that.[ ]Rob

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

I have some imperial sized wire form circlips, what size are they? (presuming they are imperial sized)

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

for me this was always the easiest to reach, as i have to pass it to go anywhere..albeit a 3 hr drive...and i no longer go as like most people i dont want cheap indian tools and consumables like autosol.
i.ve not found any useable parts at any jumble for years, i reckon Henk hoovers them all up !

email (option): chris.astinbarker@btinternet.com

Rob Miller

But the VMCC jumble is only a couple of weeks away and I've booked a stall, so looking forward to that.[:) ]Rob

Where is this at?

Stuart

Hi Stuart

Its at the same venue, The Bath & West show ground near Shepton Mallet.

Rob

Cheers Rob, have to see if I can get a pass out from the other half!

Stuart

Don't forget the VMCC jumble is only on the Saturday.

Rob

Nieuwe pagina 1